No announcement yet.

PETA: Better Dead Than Zoo'ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In front of the public, staff may appear to take good care of them.

But how do we know what happens out of our sight?
    I'm not in agreement of PETA by any means, but on the other hand, we can't make assumptions either way, can we?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I agree Shi, all of the zoos I have been to have shown a great deal of love and care to all the animals, big and small. Granted, i have only been to a couple. But my impressions of zoos is very positive.
      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

MrFun, hey that sounds like a childrens movie..
        The animals in the zoo are normal... but group of 8 graders find out, that the EVIL zoo owner hates the animals! And when the gates closes.. the animals are afraid because the EVIL zoo owner teases them and is evil. So they have to rescue them from the evil zoo owner, because adults just don't believe it's true!
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

As others have said, the San Diego zoo is the very best. Unless you want to see animals. It costs money, and you see mostly plants

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
            Not neccisarily. Alot of zoos are no better then circuses.
            I assure you the San Diego Zoo is recognized as a world leader in animal care. I mean these guys do everything to keep the animals happy and entertained plus it is one of the larger zoos in the US so there is lots of room to roam and they spend money to have the enclosures look and feel like the natural enviroment. There's also the San Diego Wild Animal Park where there are no cages and the animals are allowed to wonder free over several hundred acres.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
              PETA are a bunch of idiots!
              Amen brother man. That's been proven to be true here more times then I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                MrFun, hey that sounds like a childrens movie..
                The animals in the zoo are normal... but group of 8 graders find out, that the EVIL zoo owner hates the animals! And when the gates closes.. the animals are afraid because the EVIL zoo owner teases them and is evil. So they have to rescue them from the evil zoo owner, because adults just don't believe it's true!
                Part of being an ADULT is being reasonably skeptical.

try it sometime
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I wonder if all the "PETA ARE IDIOTS" people have experience in zoos... my guess is not...
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava: Do you know anything at all about PETA? Have you ever read any of there press releases? These guys are ****ing nutjobs; just read one of the dozens of threads we've had on these psychos over the last year.

Comment

Sava: Do you know anything at all about PETA? Have you ever read any of there press releases? These guys are ****ing nutjobs; just read one of the dozens of threads we've had on these psychos over the last year.
                      don't get me wrong, I think they are nutjobs... but they aren't 100% wrong in the things they say...

remember... OJ did it AND the police are racist...

PETA may be wrong, but I doubt one person in this thread has had enough experience in a zoo to know...
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

For one glorious moment I thought this thread was proposing euthanasia for PETA members!

FWIW Elephants are very intelligent. They have a track record of getting rid of zoo staff they don't like - permanently. And it always looks like an accident.

You only have to watch a few of the "behind the scenes" TV programmes about UK zoos to realise how well animals can be looked after.
                        Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Originally posted by CerberusIV
                          For one glorious moment I thought this thread was proposing euthanasia for PETA members!
                          Wouldn't that be wonderful?!
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

I assure you the San Diego Zoo is recognized as a world leader in animal care. I mean these guys do everything to keep the animals happy and entertained plus it is one of the larger zoos in the US so there is lots of room to roam and they spend money to have the enclosures look and feel like the natural enviroment. There's also the San Diego Wild Animal Park where there are no cages and the animals are allowed to wonder free over several hundred acres.
                            I wasn't sepcifically talking about San Diego Zoo - the comment I was replying to was about all Zoos in general, and alot of them are extremely barbaric. And, treatment aside, all zoos put their animals on display (that is what a Zoo is) and/or make them give rides, do tricks, ect... just like a circus. That doesn't help build appretation for life or raise awareness of conservation, it does the exact opposite - it turns animals into novelties and sideshows. That was the main point of my post.
                            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                              Sava: Do you know anything at all about PETA?
                              I have half a mind to believe that the most outrageous stuff PETA does, it does to get press attention. Let's face it, they get a lot of press for a protest organization. People then look them up, and find out all of the good thing PETA does, like trying to get rid of animal acts in circuses (where the animals are horribly abused-why I only go to humans only circuses, like Cirqeu du Soliel).
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

All the Tigers etc from animal circuses should be relaesed into non animal circuses then hopefully they can all go away.
                                Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Working...
                                X