PETA: Better Dead Than Zoo'ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PETA: Better Dead Than Zoo'ed

I read an article from US News and World Report about 11 elephants from Swaziland that are going to be sent to the San Diego Zoo and a Florida zoo to "pose for tourists and a little lovin' with a mate". However, PETA and 9 other animal-rights groups said that death would be better than life in a zo, and started a legal wrangle trying to stop the transfer. The article says "after Swaziland said the 11 would be killed if they weren't exported(because the herd is destroying the habitat needed to sustain rare black rhinos), the animal rights groups said 'just kill 'em'.

"If the elephants are euthanized," said animal laywer Katherine Meyer, "that would be a better outcome than to have these elephants...live the rest of their lives in captivity."

Damn PETA, Zoos do so much to help with various conservation programs and so forth.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
      Damn PETA, Zoos do so much to help with various conservation programs and so forth.
      Not neccisarily. Alot of zoos are no better then circuses.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Says the one who bans meat!!
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Most zoos in the world are nothing but animal prisons. Rather than send them to the U.S., send them to other parts of Africa that have poacher problems so the can rebuild their herds.

Americans zoos tend to be better than most, but not all of them are. While some zoos help preserve animals that are being threatened with extinction, the same thing could be done with sanctuaries (which typically give animals a lot more space to live).

PETA is correct on this one!
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
            Says the one who bans meat!!
            That's right, I know what I'm talking about.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

PETA "is a needed organisation that got bastardised." (Quote from Sloww with the spellings corrected.)

However, the quality of the Zoo should be inspected before they just turn it down, and at least if they continue on there's the slight chance they'll return to a wild some day.
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

PETA are a bunch of idiots!

In that case, all the rats and other animals we use to test drugs on that need to be killed were going to go to the zoo, but we knew you wanted us to kill them So stop bugging us!
                Monkey!!!

Comment

I think you know.. that these PETA people are prisoners of their own mind, and that's worse than death.. should we just kill them for their own good?
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                    PETA is correct on this one!
                    So the death penalty is better than life, for animals.
                    But life is better than the death penalty, for humans.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

should we just kill them for their own good?
                      Only if we force them to have their pictures taken with those pesky humans
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

??? In all the zoos I see most animals, especially large ones are given vast areas to live and I don't see why they couldn't be happy there.
                          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

The San Diego Zoo is one of the best in the world... PETA members would be happy to live in the conditions that the animals there do...
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Shi, agreed, I haven't seen a zoo that is cruel to animals. There's a zoo near I live, and they have BIG areas to animals, and they seem to have a good time, and the staff seems to take good care of them and playing with them too.
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X