No announcement yet.

Weird facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rememba my Astro Prof saying that the maximum age of the universe is the inverse of the Hubble constant, which is roughly equal to Heisenberg's Uncertainty.
    -30-

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

Claim: The average person swallows eight spiders per year.

(...)

Fear not. This "statistic" was not only made up out of whole cloth, it was invented as an example of the absurd things people will believe simply because they come across them on the Internet.

(...)
      Well, I see your point and I have no doubt that it's true, but seriously, there is a difference between "twice in a life time" and "eight times per year"!

Originally posted by skywalker
      64.8% of all statistics are made up on the spot
      Don't remember who said it, but some wise guy once remarked that there a three main types of lies:

Lies, damned lies and statistics.
      "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
      -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

What kind of car do you drive, Mickey?
        -30-

Comment

No White dwarf can have a mass greater than 1.44 solar masses.

Two weeks ago, on a public bus here in Shanghai, I noticed a Chinese dwarf standing near me. I looked out the window a moment later and saw a Chinese midget on a bicycle.

I thought I had slipped into a David Lynch film.
          Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

IIRC, 1 cm3 of neutron star matter has the mass of 30 million metric tons.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by st_swithin
              I rememba my Astro Prof saying that the maximum age of the universe is the inverse of the Hubble constant, which is roughly equal to Heisenberg's Uncertainty.
              Do you always babble like that?
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

How's that babbling?

Comment

Working...
                X