No announcement yet.

Occupation death toll of U.S. troops equal to that of war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's all go to bed now, and sleep on this, ok?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Really, I am curious.

What great terrorist threat has the US prevented by invading Iraq???

Would the Jordanian Embassy have been bombed if Saddam were still in power? What about that attack on the UN?

I put it to the hawks on this forum that this 'war' has actually encouraged terrorist attacks and is gradually turning Iraq into 'Al Qaeda Alley'...

Bravo!
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS

Sorry, I am not the Prime Minister, so short of assassinating him I fail to see what I could have done to prevent it except complain vociferously and go on the anti war march in London - which I did both...
        And this differs from the President HOW?

I just said that the UK pop was AGAINST the war - Blair only succeeded in getting back despite a massive rebellion from his own party by deliberately misleading the country over the threat posed by Saddam!
        And YOU let him do it.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Really, I am curious.

What great terrorist threat has the US prevented by invading Iraq???

Would the Jordanian Embassy have been bombed if Saddam were still in power? What about that attack on the UN?

I put it to the hawks on this forum that this 'war' has actually encouraged terrorist attacks and is gradually turning Iraq into 'Al Qaeda Alley'...

Bravo!
          Good, get 'em in one spot so we can hunt down and grease the mother****ers.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Bravo!
            Yes excellent troll ATTEMPT

This troll is so summer 2002

Move on to something new
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Re: Re: Occupation death toll of U.S. troops equal to that of war

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
              Most of the post-May 1 fatalities have been non-combat related. Vehicle accidents, a couple of illness and heat casualties, some ordnance disposal accidents, etc. **** happens on extended deployments, even without the added combat and booby traps from the *******s. If it was easy, then civilians would do it.
              Roughly half to be precise...

I put it to you that to the US public back home that a dead marine in a body bag from heatstroke is pretty much the same as one with his head blown off...

Therefore the total number of US soldiers killed in Iraq is still 276...

Comment

I'd rather have them blowing **** up in Iraq than in New York.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Occupation death toll of U.S. troops equal to that of war

I put it to you that to the US public back home that a dead marine in a body bag from heatstroke is pretty much the same as one with his head blown off...

Interesting to note that the report (US) does not make the distinction you do.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Occupation death toll of U.S. troops equal to that of war

Nope, US soldiers dead. Killed means someone did it to them :P

Anyway, you can't say the occupation will fail because we have vehicle accidents we probably have less than average.

Comment

Prolly you would be less likely to die in a vehicle accident in Iraq than you would on the US freeways.

I guarantee that's a fact too.

Comment

I HAT U @2@@!!!!!!!!! :YOUDIEBI***:
                        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                          Yes excellent troll ATTEMPT

This troll is so summer 2002

Move on to something new

Hey I'll take that as a compliment - especially as you avoided answering the perfectly reasonable question involved...

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                            I HAT U @2@@!!!!!!!!! :YOUDIEBI***:
                            word

Comment

Hey I'll take that as a compliment - especially as you avoided answering the perfectly reasonable question involved...
                              I didn't avoid sh1t

You asked how the US and UK get out of there

It was the wrong question in the first place.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Occupation death toll of U.S. troops equal to that of war

Originally posted by skywalker
                                Nope, US soldiers dead. Killed means someone did it to them :P

Anyway, you can't say the occupation will fail because we have vehicle accidents we probably have less than average.
                                Aww bless, I can almost feel the desperation that prompted you to make that lame post...

When someone dies in a vehicle accident for example, it is quite routine to be reported as 'person X was killed'...

Dead is dead - the US public sees body bags. They don't care how the person died - only that they died in Iraq...

Comment

Working...
                                X