No announcement yet.

Occupation death toll of U.S. troops equal to that of war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry, but only a moron ****s around with mad psychos and their nuclear dicks. It's too late to deal with North Korea; might as well take down the tyrants we can actually do something about.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
      The genie is out of the bottle dumbass.
      More like Pandora's Box has been opened (Oo! Sounds a bit rude!)

Leaving will do more harm than good.
      No sh*t, Sherlock!

Yep, you started it and now you have to finish it - worst of all Iraq will probably end up as a Islamic Fundamentalist state allied with Iran and what thanks will you get?

A situation even worse than you began with!
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

YOU = WE

Mr. United Kingdom
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
          I'm sorry, but only a moron ****s around with mad psychos and their nuclear dicks. It's too late to deal with North Korea; might as well take down the tyrants we can actually do something about.
          So you admit the US totally lost the plot on that one then...?

Still, if you catch him now his missiles can't reach the US. Yet...

Not that anyone would notice if LA was nuked...

Comment

I expect the Democratic candidate to promise stopping the Iraqi operation, if the campaign gets close.

The loss of interest by America for fixing the Iraqi mess is my main fear ever since the fall of Baghdad.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

YOU = WE

Mr. United Kingdom
              Oh please - we all know B-liar's got his tongue so far up Bush's backside that he's tickling his tonsils...

For the record, the majority of the people of the UK did NOT want to go to war with Iraq.

I am only sad that British troops have had to die needlessly in all this...

Comment

Clinton sure did. Too bad Bush wasn't in office back when we could've stopped them.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS

Oh please - we all know B-liar's got his tongue so far up Bush's backside that he's tickling his tonsils...

For the record, the majority of the people of the UK did NOT want to go to war with Iraq.

I am only sad that British troops have had to die needlessly in all this...
                  Nope.

Why didn't YOU stop it then? Certainly YOU didn't care enough to stop it. YOU could have done so. But YOU DID NOTHING.

And the BRITISH GOVERNMENT sold the war to the world more than the US did!

So YOU = WE

So shut your mouth hypocrite
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                    The loss of interest by America for fixing the Iraqi mess is my main fear ever since the fall of Baghdad.
                    Let's see, power and water WORSE than when the war ended four months ago - still they got the oil up and running pretty quick until it got sabotaged...

Oh sorry, not supposed to mention the oil...

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten

Clinton sure did. Too bad Bush wasn't in office back when we could've stopped them.
                      Yeah I agree - Clinton was a prize arse! In many ways his presidency was worse than Reagan and Bush combined.

Comment

Why didn't YOU stop it then? Certainly YOU didn't care enough to stop it. YOU could have done so. But YOU DID NOTHING.
                        Sorry, I am not the Prime Minister, so short of assassinating him I fail to see what I could have done to prevent it except complain vociferously and go on the anti war march in London - which I did both...

And the BRITISH GOVERNMENT sold the war to the world more than the US did!
                        No, the British government was desperately trying to get UN acceptance - except Bush kept shooting his mouth off and undermining B-liar's best attempts. Unfortunately for B-liar, with his ego he assumed that the UN would end up backing him, by the time he realised he was in too deep - he couldn't back out!

So YOU = WE
                        I just said that the UK pop was AGAINST the war - Blair only succeeded in getting back despite a massive rebellion from his own party by deliberately misleading the country over the threat posed by Saddam!

So shut your mouth hypocrite
                        Actually I think you'll find I am not...

Comment

Re: Occupation death toll of U.S. troops equal to that of war

Story

So that is an average of more than one US soldier dead per day since the war was officially declared over.

Well, if the war part was called 'Enduring Freedom', perhaps the occupation part could be called 'Enduring Bodycount'?

Now they are talking about increasing troop strengths, which in turn will increase the massive cost that this operation is incurring.

How can the US and the UK extricate themselves from a situation of their own making and how long will it take?
                          This says more about our ability at waging conventional war and the Iraq army's lack thereof than our inability to be a successful occupation force.

Comment

Re: Re: Occupation death toll of U.S. troops equal to that of war

Originally posted by skywalker
                            This says more about our ability at waging conventional war and the Iraq army's lack thereof than our inability to be a successful occupation force.
                            Successful occupation forces get the power and water fixed within 4 months!

Successful occupation forces generally capture the leader of the forces fighting against them...

Successful occupation forces find the WMD they used to justify the war in the first place.

Successful occupation forces tend to suffer fewer than 138 deaths in less than 4 months.

Successful occupation forces normally provide effective law and order.

Successful occupation forces usually don't stand by and watch Embassies and UN missions get blown to smithereens...

Have I missed anything?

Comment

I'm talking about your thread title.

Comment

Re: Occupation death toll of U.S. troops equal to that of war

Story

So that is an average of more than one US soldier dead per day since the war was officially declared over.

Well, if the war part was called 'Enduring Freedom', perhaps the occupation part could be called 'Enduring Bodycount'?

Now they are talking about increasing troop strengths, which in turn will increase the massive cost that this operation is incurring.

How can the US and the UK extricate themselves from a situation of their own making and how long will it take?
                                Most of the post-May 1 fatalities have been non-combat related. Vehicle accidents, a couple of illness and heat casualties, some ordnance disposal accidents, etc. **** happens on extended deployments, even without the added combat and booby traps from the *******s. If it was easy, then civilians would do it.
                                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                                X