Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occupation death toll of U.S. troops equal to that of war

Story

So that is an average of more than one US soldier dead per day since the war was officially declared over.

Well, if the war part was called 'Enduring Freedom', perhaps the occupation part could be called 'Enduring Bodycount'?

Now they are talking about increasing troop strengths, which in turn will increase the massive cost that this operation is incurring.

How can the US and the UK extricate themselves from a situation of their own making and how long will it take?
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Never.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Well the old adage of not fighting a war on two fronts still holds true - haven't even finished fighting Al Qaeda and then instead of finishing them off, finding someone new to fight who was minding their own business...

Comment

MOBIUS, you're being unpatriotic by asking any questions about Bush's policies towards Iraq.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

War costing $1bn a week!!!

Story

Just think how far $52bn a year could go on relieving world poverty.

What about addressing Kyoto - what a radical idea that would be!

Comment

Re: Occupation death toll of U.S. troops equal to that of war

Originally posted by MOBIUS

How can the US and the UK extricate themselves from a situation of their own making and how long will it take?
            US and UK aren't leaving until the job is done.

Leaving will just create another bad situation that would require military interventions a couple of years down the road.

Perhaps you'd prefer another 20 year long Afghanistan type civil war.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

MOBIUS -- I was being sarcastic.

carry on

Comment

Well the old adage of not fighting a war on two fronts still holds true - haven't even finished fighting Al Qaeda and then instead of finishing them off, finding someone new to fight who was minding their own business...
                US military doctrine is by definition designed to fight a war on two fronts.

Perhaps you forgot that whole WW2 thingie.
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                  MOBIUS, you're being unpatriotic by asking any questions about Bush's policies towards Iraq.
                  So are more and more Americans!

"About 48 percent said the United States should withdraw military personnel because of the attacks"

How many more body bags before the majority favours retreat?

I'm afraid this sorry mess looks like Somalia in slow motion and worst of all, us Brits got sucked in alongside by Tony B-liar...

Comment

finding someone new to fight who was minding their own business...

Minding their own business...
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

So are more and more Americans!

"About 48 percent said the United States should withdraw military personnel because of the attacks"

How many more body bags before the majority favours retreat?

I'm afraid this sorry mess looks like Somalia in slow motion and worst of all, us Brits got sucked in alongside by Tony B-liar...

Read my last post -- I was being

S

A

R

C

A

S

T

I

C

Comment

closet neocon

Comment

Re: Re: Occupation death toll of U.S. troops equal to that of war

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                          US and UK aren't leaving until the job is done.
                          That is precisely what I am worried about!

Leaving will just create another bad situation that would require military interventions a couple of years down the road.
                          Oh reeeeeally? Shoulda taken them out in '91 - but oh no, the US thought better!

Perhaps you'd prefer another 20 year long Afghanistan type civil war.
                          Hey, you mentioned it! And no I wouldn't because that would mean the deaths of soldiers who shouldn't even be there in the first place...

Comment

The genie is out of the bottle dumbass.

Leaving will do more harm than good.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                              finding someone new to fight who was minding their own business...

Minding their own business...
                              Well compared to some mad psycho waving his nuclear d*ck in your face (North Korea), you chose to after some old has been playing in a broken down sandpit with a few rusty tanks at the other end of the park (Iraq)...

Way to prioritise!

Comment

Working...
                              X