Most Useless Key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew1999
    I'm voting for the bottom half of Print Screen/SysRq. I've never been able to find out what SysRq stands for, what it's supposed to do, or how it might be persuaded to do it.
    System request, its a legacy from the bad 'ole days

Comment

elijah, you have something configured wrong. My brother and I both set the windows key to be detected as a modifier key named super.

Prt Scr, Scroll Lock, and Pause/Break are the least used keys for me.
      American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
      I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
      Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
      XGalaga.

Comment

Now I have used PrtScr...very useful for the desktop threads
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

For those of you that voted for the tilde key... this thing ~... have none of you ever played a first person shooter? That key opens the console in nearly all FPS games these day.
          "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Pause/Break because I have yet to find a situation in which it actually does something.

Insert is actually malicious. It's really easy to hit it when hitting delete (and sometimes backspace), and then you screw up what you were typing.

I didn't vote for "|", but I HATE it on those keyboards where it's next to the right shift. Too easy to hit instead of the shift. DIE DIE DIE!

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike
              Gotta be the context menu key. I have NEVER used that button, ever.
              you mean alt? You've NEVER ctrl-alt-deleted, or alt-tabbed? EVER?

heathen

Comment

For those of you that voted for the tilde key... this thing ~... have none of you ever played a first person shooter? That key opens the console in nearly all FPS games these day.
                You're right, I never thought about that...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I can't remember ever using the insert key. I also don't use the winbows key.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The only key I've never used is Scroll Lock. I know uses for every other key, but Scroll Lock is an elusive beast whose purpose remains unknown.
                    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I didn't vote for any of the character keys (number pad, tilda, etc) because those are actually used when writing something. I hate having to go the the insert symbol thingy.

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
                        I voted for insert because not only is it useless 99% of the time, it often eats up text, and is totally aggravating. It's actually COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE.
                        Exactly.

That and Scroll Lock gets my vote.

Comment

correct

Comment

Insert, believe it or not, is useful a few times. The most prominent example is I turn it on while I'm playing The Corporate Machine so I can quickly edit my price.

(Scroll Lock, however, has no purpose. It just takes up plastic and electricity.)

Comment

scroll lock and print screen are soooo MS-DOS

Comment

Print screen is pretty useful. I can take screenies without having to need any third party program--hell yeah!

Comment

Working...
                                X