Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should legislators do to stop another "GW Bush" from ever happening again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where was this thread going?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Ned:
      You pretend all communists are against a multiparty system. As a commie, I can tell you you are utterly wrong.

This is something as false as saying "all conservatives want misery all over the world except for the happy few". Or "All conservatives want religious dictatorships". A few want them, most don't.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
        Where was this thread going?
        Nowhere.

Fast.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
          Ned:
          You pretend all communists are against a multiparty system. As a commie, I can tell you you are utterly wrong.

This is something as false as saying "all conservatives want misery all over the world except for the happy few". Or "All conservatives want religious dictatorships". A few want them, most don't.
          Maybe he's wrong there, but not about monkspider and che

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
            Maybe he's wrong there, but not about monkspider and che
            I have read Che's first yesterday, so I may be forgetting something, but I haven't seen anything antidemocratic in it. Except for the too harsh treatment for the vote-cheaters, I don't remember anything I don't agree with.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

All commies are evil and should be shot on sight. After I get my helicopter, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                All commies are evil and should be shot on site. After I get my helicopter, that is.
                Which site? I want to know so I can avoid it?
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Hey, I'm allowed one typo per month

Comment

I would be willing to bet that SCOTUS would discover that the 14th would prevent a specific group of Americans for being singled out, i.e., old judges.

Doubt it. Age falls under a rational basis test, and there is no way that any SCOTUS would elevate it to higher standard of review.

That's the WHOLE reason the ADEA exists in the first place... because age was allowed to be discrimination critera under the law before hand.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Age has very direct implications on ability. Since discrimination based on ability is still OK, age is probably OK too.

Comment

Age has very direct implications on ability. Since discrimination based on ability is still OK, age is probably OK too.

Not unless you can demonstrate specific lack of ability. According to the ADEA, you can't simply say all old people decline at this age, so we are going to fire this old guy.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Ok then.

Comment

Working...
                          X