Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should legislators do to stop another "GW Bush" from ever happening again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should legislators do to stop another "GW Bush" from ever happening again?

We have found ourselves with an administration full of militaristic thugs and religious zealots. One that orders the death of thousands of innocents and has sought to throw it's own country into a violent, death spiral. And it's Poor fiscal decisions have ravaged a once mighty economy. Speaking nothing of the questionable legality of his actual election, what can legislators do to stop such supremely immoral men from ever coming to power ever again? What steps can be taken to prevent this from happening to future generations? Perhaps a recall option as those in California have recently made use of would be a good first step? In short, this is a situation that threatens the future of democracy and one that must be firmly addressed.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

I think the French peasants had the right idea in the way they dealt with political leaders they did not like in the 1790's . . . . . .
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
      I think the French peasants had the right idea in the way they dealt with political leaders they did not like in the 1790's . . . . . .

http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider

But mine was an obvious joke -- I don't advocate violence against politicians who have a different ideology from mine.

Comment

Be careful what you wish for. In such a climate everyone eventually becomes a victim. If such a thing happens, you won't be able to come to a internet forum and whine about it either.
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

But mine was an obvious joke -- I don't advocate violence against politicians who have a different ideology from mine.

Why not, we could all be on Jerry Springer that way.
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber

Be careful what you wish for. In such a climate everyone eventually becomes a victim. If such a thing happens, you won't be able to come to a internet forum and whine about it either.
              Oh, I'm well aware of how the French Revolution devoured itself in an orgy of blood-soaked violence.

Comment

Oh, I'm well aware of how the French Revolution devoured itself in an orgy of blood-soaked violence.

Please don't use orgy and blood-soaked violence in the same sentence. It demeans an otherwise pleasurable experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber

Please don't use orgy and blood-soaked violence in the same sentence. It demeans an otherwise pleasurable experience.

Comment

Re: What should legislators do to stop another "GW Bush" from ever happening again

Originally posted by monkspider
                    what can legislators do to stop such supremely immoral men from ever coming to power ever again? What steps can be taken to prevent this from happening to future generations? Perhaps a recall option as those in California have recently made use of would be a good first step? In short, this is a situation that threatens the future of democracy and one that must be firmly addressed.
                    You do realize that ~50% of the country would say the same thing about Clinton or any Democrat?
                    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Re: Re: What should legislators do to stop another "GW Bush" from ever happening a

Originally posted by The diplomat

You do realize that ~50% of the country would say the same thing about Clinton or any Democrat?
                      But 50+ percent of the country think Saddam was responsible for 9-11. What does THAT tell you?
                      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Another dumb Bush bashing thread. Sad. Sad. Sad.
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

What should legislators do to stop another "GW Bush" from ever happening again?
                          So you're fine with democracy (or democratic republic) provided that all the decisions made are ones you agree with?

I disagree a lot with Bush and many of his actions, but I know I'd much rather be in a democracy like ours than any other alternative - cause they're all far worse.

That doesn't mean people won't make the wrong choice in democracies like ours, but I'd far rather have that choice there than have the "correct" one already made.
                          "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

So you're fine with democracy (or democratic republic) provided that all the decisions made are ones you agree with?

This is the point someone mentions that GW Bush wasn't elected.:P

I disagree a lot with Bush and many of his actions, but I know I'd much rather be in a democracy like ours than any other alternative - cause they're all far worse.

Actually, there a lot of working varieties of democracies out there and many of them have superior and more equitable election system.
                            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo

Actually, there a lot of working varieties of democracies out there and many of them have superior and more equitable election system.
                              Those are relatively minor and trivial differences compared to changing the system in place so that every president can only make enviornmentl choices, can never start a war, can only make "moral" choices, or whatever. And I quite like our system of democracy.
                              "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Working...
                              X