non-lethal crowd control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non-lethal crowd control

Ok, I just watched Jackass The Movie once again (I love partyboy in Tokyo!, and the car in the butt!).

Knoxville was testing once again some self defense equipment, this time taking a shot form 12 gauge shotgun loaded with non, or to be more correct, less lethal ammunition. I believe it was a small bag of something, maybe little rubber balls? Anyway, it was pretty sick

Is this kind of business big in the US? I figure it could be... I'm just looking for new venues for my Punisher Weapon Systems, and I have few less lethal things in my mind, I believe they are not used in riot control but they'd be good. So my question was and is, is this kind of business big in the US? Here it is almost non existent, all cops really use are batons (rare!) and water gun, working almost like shotgun, shooting 1 liter of water HARD, like water ammunition. You blast it few meters from the target, and it knocks you on your butt. It's quite safe to use, but it creates a nice impact. And collateral damage is not so big, because it's water so it can't hold it's form except few meters. And ammunition is cheap. And it hurts like hell. So I love it.
    Last edited by Pekka; August 24, 2003, 22:12.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

He was probably using a bean bag

And there is a big business here for that sort of thing
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

go put a telescope in your ass ted

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yeah a bean bag, that's right.

What kind of methods American cops usually use? Do they just use the traditional methods of grouping, having armours, arming with big batons and sprays, maybe some guns with rubber bullets? Or do you have any advanced methods used on regular basis?

Notice: these could be often used in other situations as well, like capturing unarmed but aggressive individuals etc.

I just thought that I should expand to inner problems as well, used to control and brake up hostile situation inside country, rather than only blasting folks in foreign countries. I figure I'm getting soft these days.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

they tear gassed peaceful crowds in Seattle... but to be fair... there were a few idiots throwing rocks who provoked the cops...
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

And I see there's a little problem with rubber bullets and some methods. I see them as good devices, but at the same time they DO have potential to kill or cause bad injuries. My youth raisers would be less lethal, but they'd be effective the same.
              In da butt.

Comment

Listen, I have the best weapo... excuse me, control device right here, I KNOW no one has it, or uses it. But it would be GREAT. You have a hostile group, braking into stores, rioting? With my KYS-weapon you will brake the crowd in NO TIME! Also known as Killing You Softly System. Name can be negotiated, it's just the project name.

as a matter a fact, I can guarantee it won't kill anyone directly, and the chance of losing a citizen rioter indirectly is small as well. As for people injuring, it's not likely it will injure anyone seriously, and it WILL teach a lesson and it WILL make rioters seriously thinking about stopping shouting 'hell no we won't go' and change it to 'officers I came to my senses, please, give us 5 seconds to get the hell out here'.
                Last edited by Pekka; August 24, 2003, 20:18.
                In da butt.

Comment

The cops on patrol mainly use mace and a baton

Some of them have bean bag shotguns in the trunk or in the front
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Yeah, but the problem with batons are that you have to engage in close combat with the rioters and that is potentially dangerous even with horses and trained cops. So shotguns are good, you can use them at distance, but they are potentially dangerous. I have what you need .
                    In da butt.

Comment

the real money is in guns that shoot massive amounts of elephant ****! I might hate Bush, but I hate elephant **** more!
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Also with things like different gasses and rubber bullets etc you can indirectly hurt, people with weak hearts are in danger etc.. but KYS systems will bring the chaos atmosphere to seriously get the hell out without these negative side effects. It's not brutal, or very violent. It hurts less than shotgun, and is safer, but it is guaranteed to literally make the crowd be sorry they ever started going nuts in demonstrations.
                        In da butt.

Comment

why don't we drop you and a baseball bat in the middle of the crowd and then you can do some serious crowd control

Comment

You are not far from the idea. I'll draw the basic idea.. just a sec..
                            In da butt.

Comment

Ok here is the first drawing, not very good but don't let that stop you from imaging it in action..
                              Attached Files
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X