Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who does

Comment

• I agree it is pretty sad that people have to rely on alcohol to feel confident. Is getting piss drunk frowned upon in greece?
      CSPA

Comment

• I don't know.. crackheads?
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• it never was on high esteem

Comment

• Pekka where did you go in Greece BTW?

I'm glad you had a good time

Comment

• I've been there 2 or 3 times. Gosh, I can't remember which one!
              Once in Rhodes.. that was mostly for partying, and then the other time with my parents, hmm.. what were the island? and in Crete? I think that was it. Was I third time too? I just can't remember now. Yeah, had a good time.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• My best memory of Greece is Cefalonia island.
                A splendid place, hardly spoiled by mass tourism, with very open people and the best feta I've ever eaten

Really, if I ever come back to Greece, Cefalonia is my fave destination for sure !
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Nice to hear you had a nice time too. And that you thought Cefalonicians are open midned. Which they are and very hospitable. You know there is this, er totally silly prejudism about them... a joke really, anyway they have the reputation of being a bit "light in the head?" , having their brains sligthly above their heads? a bit loco ...
                  when somenones is acting funny or we want to tease him we say" Have you been baptised by a cefalonician priest?"

anyway... completely unfounded rumors of course. This is actually one of the greenest and most beautiful islands. Ithaca is pretty close to it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Precisely.

Being a polite tourist means respecting and following the traditions of behavior for the culture you are visiting.
                    here it is very rude, and doing it makes you an inconsiderate
                    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

• It could have been worse. That guy could have done a pooky bum **** in the middle of the street.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• This will hit the resort hard. Hoping that it will make the tourists behave may only work in the short-term; what you see here is just the same as what happens in any British city centre on a Friday night.

So instead of improving their behaviour, they just go somewhere else. Meanwhile it'll take time to attract tourists from other areas.

Prediction? In the face of falling profits, the mayor gets the boot and a campaign is launched- "GET YOUR BAPS OUT HERE!"
                        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Not likely Laz.

Greek tourism authorities warned Thursday they will no longer tolerate cut-price British tour companies after a rash of lewd and violent incidents involving young British holidaymakers, including the death of a teenager in a bar brawl.

"Greece will resist tour operators selling holiday packages at ridiculously low prices to tourists who create problems without offering any substantial benefits," said Yiannis Patellis, president of the Greek tourism board EOT.

Patellis particularly turned his guns on "Club 18-30," a low-price arm of Britain's Thomas Cook travel agency which runs 13 holiday resorts across the Mediterranean, including five in Greece.

"EOT... will not allow Club 18-30... to destroy the country's tourist image," Patellis said in a statement.

Hence those are just cheap scum, not high yield tourism (that's families - not backpackers).

Plus most of the firls are complete pigs unworthy of the greek d1ick so I figure their time here is over. No useflness of any kind.

Comment

• Hence those are just cheap scum, not high yield tourism

I bet drinkers spend more on drink then families do on ice cream.

Plus most of the firls are complete pigs unworthy of the greek d1ick

Such racism. What happened to the cosmopolitan, open minded, liberal, brit adoring paiktis we all learned to respect?

Anyway, this was an interesting discussion. We got opinions both from Brits who were right there, on the islands, some time ago and from our resident level-headed Greek. It is this kind of open and calm discussion that will eventually bring solution to the problem

Apolyton OT at its best Well, in a way

Comment

Working...
                            X