Greek Taliban Crack Down On Britons Having Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reds4ever
    Thats what i said Andy as soon as people realize that faleraki has changed, it'll be years before the familes start going there again after the press that is had

Sorry if i repeated you, but i didn't read the post, most of it looks like paitkiss ranting
    eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

• Let me describe you a scene from second hand:

One of my cousi with his friends and their girlfriends just happened to pass though Cavos.

What they saw made an impression:

dozens of terminally drunk brits puking all over the roads. cars HITTING them and leaving without anyone batting a eyelash. some sorry drunken sods having taken out their clothes in the middle of the street and trying to "get it on".

bars with the inscription "brits only" (so as to protect the locals!".

which my cousin ignored.

he went to that bar, still dumbfounded and saw people puking all over and poeple in a phase of semi lithargy

who, in their right mind would dare to go through that road?

also,

brit reps putting podiums and sucking cocks in the middle of the streets in fron of childrens eyes just to film it and play it in the UK.

brawls that turn violent every night...?

there are people living there the murders are not simply "bad occurances" but only what will certaintly keep on happening.
      not to mention rapes.

Comment

• Paiktis:
        You still didn't comment on my idea of tourist camps where they would be by themselves, away from any local inhabitant (except for the bar owners), and where they'd be free of killing and raping each other. After all, since they are animals, what is wrong with that ?
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• here andy man read this since you came late

Tour operators are blamed for death by booze

Greeks call for clampdown on British hooliganism

Helena Smith Rhodes
          Sunday August 17, 2003
          The Observer

Irish-born Paddy Doran died almost immediately after he was stabbed in the throat by another British tourist partying in a Rhodes bar last week. For Greeks, appalled by the alcohol-fuelled antics of hooligan holidaymakers, the 17-year-old's death will not be forgotten quickly.
          Instead, it has renewed their determination to crack down on the sort of riotous behaviour blamed for fellow reveller, Peter Navarro, attacking Doran with a broken bottle during a drunken nightclub brawl.

The 21-year-old Navarro, who faces an investigating magistrate today, with five other Britons accused of causing affray, admitted killing Doran.

He said he had been so drunk he could barely remember why. Police, who have stepped up patrols in all resorts beloved of British youths, believe the fight began over a girl who had been flirting with the men.

Doran was the second Briton in under a week to die in Faliraki, the island's infamous 'anything goes' resort. Days before, a 30-year-old tourist was crushed to death trying to wriggle under a dustbin lorry in what appears to have been a drunken dare.

That followed an incident when an Irish tourist shinnied up a flagpole outside a Rhodes hotel, snatched the Greek ensign and ran naked through the streets ripping it to shreds. Weeks before, Greeks had been scandalised by televised video footage of three female Club 18-30 representatives participating in an oral sex show on a Corfu beach. In Faliraki, say outraged locals, intoxicated Britons frequently indulge in street sex after bar binges.

'This boy's death is seen as the tip of the iceberg. It's got people very agitated,' said Faliraki Mayor Yiannis Iatrides of last week's tragedy. 'It's another symp tom of unacceptable behaviour which has to stop. Locals are not just upset, they're a bit frightened. By about midnight a lot of these youths are so drunk they begin undressing and running around totally naked. We Greeks would never do this in their country. It's quite obscene.'

Since the season began 'at least 200' Britons had been arrested, either for drug dealing or being drunk and disorderly, he said. 'We don't have problems with tourists from anywhere else, just Britain,' the mayor lamented.

Increasingly, tour operators, with Club 18-30 (slogan: 'Nothing is Sacred') in the lead, are being blamed for the drunken antics. Tour reps, Greek officials say, make it their business to get tourists to lose their inhibitions.

On organised pub-crawls in resorts such as Faliraki - the scene of a rash of rapes - holidaymakers are 'egged on' to drink as much as possible by reps on commission from bar owners. If they remove their clothes they are promised a free pub-crawl coupon (10 free drinks) the next day.

'A lot of the problem stems from the way the holiday packages are advertised in Britain,' said Alexis Doukas at the Greek National Tourism Board (EOT). 'People see programmes on television and think anything goes.'

After Doran's death, local tour agents were summoned by Rhodes prosecutor Giorgos Iconomou to discuss controlling the behaviour of UK tourists.

Politicians have called for tour companies to be bound by a 'contract of good behaviour'. 'It's the clubs, especially the reps, who encourage a lot of this behaviour by hosting provocative games and egging on youngsters to drink as much as possible,' said Corfu MP Dr Spyridon Spyrou. 'Most group leaders are on commission so it's in their interests for clients to keep buying drinks.'

And yet Britons top tourist arrivals - more than three million are expected to visit Greece this year - so nobody is keen to drive them away.

Spiffor I already answered to that.

Comment

• Faleraki has been the same for the last 3 years at least (i was there 3 years ago)

Comment

• Us girls would probably be able to empathise more with the reasons for going to war if those reasons were made public knowledge, rather than thinly-veiled euphemisms and "spelled-out words".

As it stands now, most women see war as completely pointless pissing contests because as far as anyone will tell us, the guys are just comparing D1ck-length.

The term 'circle-jerk' comes to mind.
              -30-

Comment

• Couldn't be bothered to read that either

but i do agree that these people are stupid, i wish they would nuke places like Ibiza and ianapa etc, and i can't stand the kind of people that go.
                eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

• reds, I doubt it was that bad.

andy, no need to nuke, just "clear"

Comment

• If you don't want the money just shut the clubs and close the bars early

Comment

• Originally posted by st_swithin
                      Us girls would probably be able to empathise more with the reasons for going to war if those reasons were made public knowledge, rather than thinly-veiled euphemisms and "spelled-out words".

As it stands now, most women see war as completely pointless pissing contests because as far as anyone will tell us, the guys are just comparing D1ck-length.

The term 'circle-jerk' comes to mind.
                      Here,here!! well said!

Comment

• We want the money of different people. I think it is just a matter of less brits like this coming here. Which I'm pretty sure its feasable.

Comment

• there's nothing knee jearkable in not wanting ****ed face brits sucking cocks in front of children and families. to my eyes.

Comment

• What a lovely, civilised thread this has turned out to be.

Send all the tourists to the australian outback, with lots of bars, and absolutely no law whatsoever. We can call the resultant blood bath a "social experiment", it will do much to relieve the population crisis on earth at the moment, and since most of the people who go to greece are complete townies, they negated their human rights years ago... so let them burn!!!
                            "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                            "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

• Originally posted by paiktis22
                              there's nothing knee jearkable in not wanting ****ed face brits sucking cocks in front of children and families. to my eyes.
                              Have you been drinking? read Swithens post and see what you think

Comment

• Originally posted by elijah
                                Send all the tourists to the australian outback, with lots of bars, and absolutely no law whatsoever. We can call the resultant blood bath a "social experiment"
                                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                                X