Israel to Target More Militant Leaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin
    I have no doubt the usual suspects here at poly will claim the terrorists aren't to blame and everything is Israeli's fault.
    And the usual suspects will also show up to blame the Palestinians for everything.

(1) The Israelis get a big heaping share of the blame. This is not a war as there is only one state here - Israel. The Palestinian people have no rights and no recourse when they are abused. Their dignity is constantly under assault. If a settlement "needs" the land, the land is expropriated. There is no security in the future and no opportunity for the Palestinians. The Israelis constantly cause "collateral damage" (i.e. the slaughter of bystanders) when they launch missles into apartment buildings. "Extra-judicial killings"? Try assassinations! No due process, no recourse for injustice. Gee, if you kick a dog long enough, you get a mean, vicious dog. Same with people. The Israelis reap what they sow.

(2) The Palestinians get a big heaping share of the blame. The Israelis are not the Nazis. They are not out to systematically exterminate the Palestinians. Non-violent resistance and civil disobedience are the proper responses. If Israel wants to be Bull Connor - let it. Block the bus, don't bomb it. Eventually even the US will say this is nonsense and Israel will have to do the right thing (and it will be safe to do so for them) of find themselves completely isolated in the world community. The Palestinians need a MLK Jr. or a Ghandi.

(3) The world community gets the remaining blame. Obviously, the Israelis and Palestinians are incapable of resolving their problems. A fair solution must be imposed. There is too much blood between these people for them to ever come to an agreement. What we have are 2 five year-olds - but bloody and armed to the hilt. Time to crack some skulls and give both sides a deal they equally love and equally hate. These guys are the poster children for bringing back British colonialism.

Moral equivalence you say? Well I have yet to see any morality in the Middle East. I see lots of wrongs and no rights.
    - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
    - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
    - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Oerdin:

Sharon easily could have done it but he didn't because his control rest on there being a war. Without a war why would you need a warrior (since god knows how long a soldier in the IDF)? Thus Sharon chooses to keep fanning the flames and keeps inciting terrorism through israeli reprisals...

see i could say the same thing of sharon and it makes as much sense...
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Not really. Sharon has not always been leader the way Arafat has always been the leader. They've had peacemaker PMs before, it came to nothing.

IIRC, Sharon has been in trouble in the polls, because of his hard line stance, not in spite of it.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
          Oerdin:

Sharon easily could have done it but he didn't because his control rest on there being a war. Without a war why would you need a warrior (since god knows how long a soldier in the IDF)? Thus Sharon chooses to keep fanning the flames and keeps inciting terrorism through israeli reprisals...

see i could say the same thing of sharon and it makes as much sense...
          Nonsense. Even Sharon would have agreed to peace if the PA actually did what the road map required of them. Besides the Israelis have normal elections and have had several different PMs come up with several different peace deals but the PA always shots them down because Arafat isn't interested in peace.

The best possible thing that could happen to the Palestinian people is for Arafat to be shot. He is the biggest impediment to stopping their suffering.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
            The best possible thing that could happen to the Palestinian people is for Arafat to be shot. He is the biggest impediment to stopping their suffering.
            I would "retire" him to France - but I think we agree on this point. Arafat is an obstacle to a fair solution.
            - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
            - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
            - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

Is is true that the Palestinian's stole a 2nd set of tablets that Moses brought down from the mount ?
              Bastards, I was saving those tabs for the Led Zeppelin concert!
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Will there ever be peace?
                Or are we all just headed for doom, still consumed by the beast?
                And I know there can never be peace;
                That's why I keep my pistols when I walk the streets,
                'Cause there can never be peace.

-- 2Pac, "Never Be Peace"
                Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Re: Israel to Target More Militant Leaders

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  Israel to Target More Militant Leaders
                  12 minutes ago
                  When are they going to take out Ariel Sharon?
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Will there ever be peace?
                    Very simple. There are four million Palestinians that have been expelled from his land. Some days ago Sharon said that they will NEVER be allowed to come back to his home. Then, obviously, there will NEVER be peace.
                    Ich bin der Zorn Gottes. Wer sonst ist mit mir?

Comment

• Very simple. There are four million Palestinians that have been expelled from his land.

Either you dont know what you're talking about, or you're lying.

---------

In case someone hadnt noticed yet... Israel is not doing any major actions for more than 48 hours now. Abu Mazen and Dahlan had/have more than enough time to do something.
                      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Templar

And the usual suspects will also show up to blame the Palestinians for everything.

(1) The Israelis get a big heaping share of the blame. This is not a war as there is only one state here - Israel. The Palestinian people have no rights and no recourse when they are abused. Their dignity is constantly under assault. If a settlement "needs" the land, the land is expropriated. There is no security in the future and no opportunity for the Palestinians. The Israelis constantly cause "collateral damage" (i.e. the slaughter of bystanders) when they launch missles into apartment buildings. "Extra-judicial killings"? Try assassinations! No due process, no recourse for injustice. Gee, if you kick a dog long enough, you get a mean, vicious dog. Same with people. The Israelis reap what they sow.

(2) The Palestinians get a big heaping share of the blame. The Israelis are not the Nazis. They are not out to systematically exterminate the Palestinians. Non-violent resistance and civil disobedience are the proper responses. If Israel wants to be Bull Connor - let it. Block the bus, don't bomb it. Eventually even the US will say this is nonsense and Israel will have to do the right thing (and it will be safe to do so for them) of find themselves completely isolated in the world community. The Palestinians need a MLK Jr. or a Ghandi.

(3) The world community gets the remaining blame. Obviously, the Israelis and Palestinians are incapable of resolving their problems. A fair solution must be imposed. There is too much blood between these people for them to ever come to an agreement. What we have are 2 five year-olds - but bloody and armed to the hilt. Time to crack some skulls and give both sides a deal they equally love and equally hate. These guys are the poster children for bringing back British colonialism.

Moral equivalence you say? Well I have yet to see any morality in the Middle East. I see lots of wrongs and no rights.
                        This is the best answer, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eli

Either you dont know what you're talking about, or you're lying.
                          Nevertheless I am sure you are simply lying.

85% of the inhabitants in the historic Palestine have been expelled from 531 of their cities and villages, which means more than two thirds of the Palestinian population. Thus, nearly four million refugees are currently registered at the UNRWA (United Nations Relief and Works Agency). This Palestinian population is split up between the camps of the West Bank of Jordan, Gaza, Jordan, Lebanon as well as Syria and is composed of the displaced, who lived in Palestine from the 1st of June 1946 to the 15th of May 1948 as well as their descendants, who lost their place of residence and their livelihood because of the 1948 conflict. There is nearly 1 more million refugees who have not been listed, such as the residents of the Palestine under mandate between 1948 and 1967, residents from outside the zone of intervention of the UNRWA (Egypt, Iraq), the refugees of 1967 or wealthy Palestinians, exiled in 1948 and not registered by the UNRWA.

Please, now dont tell us the official historiography from Israel: the myths of the Palestinians´ "voluntary exodus".
                          Ich bin der Zorn Gottes. Wer sonst ist mit mir?

Comment

• As long as the Palestinians want to see Isreal driven into the sea and they support terrorist there wil never be peace in the middle east. There is no execuse for terrorist killing children and other unarmed people. It would be very different if they were fightin the millitary, but instead they go after the denfenseless. This is just sicking and all the terrorist deverse to die for the crimes they commit.
                            Donate to the American Red Cross.
                            Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

• Originally posted by thorgalaeg

Nevertheless I am sure you are simply lying.

85% of the inhabitants in the historic Palestine have been expelled from 531 of their cities and villages, which means more than two thirds of the Palestinian population. Thus, nearly four million refugees are currently registered at the UNRWA (United Nations Relief and Works Agency). This Palestinian population is split up between the camps of the West Bank of Jordan, Gaza, Jordan, Lebanon as well as Syria and is composed of the displaced, who lived in Palestine from the 1st of June 1946 to the 15th of May 1948 as well as their descendants, who lost their place of residence and their livelihood because of the 1948 conflict. There is nearly 1 more million refugees who have not been listed, such as the residents of the Palestine under mandate between 1948 and 1967, residents from outside the zone of intervention of the UNRWA (Egypt, Iraq), the refugees of 1967 or wealthy Palestinians, exiled in 1948 and not registered by the UNRWA.

Please, now dont tell us the official historiography from Israel: the myths of the Palestinians´ "voluntary exodus".
                              Oh really, so all those millions were "expelled from his land"?
                              400,000 left. Rough guess... Half of them are already dead.
                              If for about 3 generations now they and their fellow Arabs cant take care of 4 million of their descendants, that's their problem, not mine.

Israel absorbed 600,000 refugees(double it's original population) in 1948-1951. Yet you dont see them in refugee camps whining about the Arab states that expelled them.
                              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

• I never did understand why terrorists resort to terrorism... take suicide bombing for example... a soldier in the jihad is lost and takes out a handful of israeli civilians... wouldn't it be smarter to equip the soldier with weapons and send him out on a guerilla war against the Israeli military? He could probably do more damage if no other reason than he has more than one shot to harm Israel.

Mr. President:

yep and in the end, 2pac says, "we can never have peace til we all get a piece... **** police..."

yeah thats what the palestinians need... someone (the israelis) not constantly beating them down and they need some economic oppurtunity. you may say its the PA's fault but you can't deny that the Israelis are not beating down the palestinians every time there is a reprisal...
                                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                                X