Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK

Comment

This will probably provoke more terrorism. Just want Sharon wants.

Comment

Unlike every single person on apolyton, I actually experienced these Israeli 'reprisals'... when i was very young, my family was in a Lebanese city (either Beirut or Sidon) when the Israelis bombed and shelled to target 'terrorists'. i was in this school-like thing when it started and my father had to rush in to save me and take me home (where we had to stay in some place to minimize the risk of things falling on us) amid the explosions... i easily could have died then...

I hate the state of israel and demand that it no longer exist
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Maybe Paiktis is right. Maybe this isn't worth talking about and we should all just troll.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
            Unlike every single person on apolyton, I actually experienced these Israeli 'reprisals'... when i was very young, my family was in a Lebanese city (either Beirut or Sidon) when the Israelis bombed and shelled to target 'terrorists'. i was in this school-like thing when it started and my father had to rush in to save me and take me home (where we had to stay in some place to minimize the risk of things falling on us) amid the explosions... i easily could have died then...

I hate the state of israel and demand that it no longer exist
            Are you sure it was Israel which created the blast? Remember there was a three way civil war going on and there were lots and LOTS of explosions set by all sides.

Comment

paiktis:

The purpose is not to "support the palestinians" but to support peace. Peace without truth and knowledge of all sides is not possible, or rather it is but for a limited time.
              speak for yourself... **** peace as long as a racist state like Israel is in existance... it still boggles my mind how the so-called enlightened United Nations could ever create a 'ethnic homeland' in our time... in the 20th century! After disproving and defeating the racist attempts at German and Japanese racial empires! crazy...

and lets not forget the deplorable conditions of the palestinian people... we can't have peace til everybody gets a piece... these people need economic oppurtunities that dont seem to be coming... hell, half the time their villagers got IDF tanks rolling through them or are being bombed and shelled... i can understand how they don't got a stable economy that is getting foreign investment...
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Oerdin... i am aware of that. this happened in 87 or 88... nevertheless, i was told by my mother that it was israelis that time... i actually do remember the incident... it was one of my first memories (sad that most people's first memories is of happy things like their 2nd birthday party... mine was of hearing air raid sirens and there being explosions all around me) but i was 2 or 3 at the time so its all vague.

i dont blame the palestinians and lebanese for being so hostile against israel if what i experienced happens nearly everyday for them...

Comment

Could it be because the PA is a corrupt POS, that they
                  Originally posted by Albert Speer
                  and lets not forget the deplorable conditions of the palestinian people... we can't have peace til everybody gets a piece... these people need economic oppurtunities that dont seem to be coming... hell, half the time their villagers got IDF tanks rolling through them or are being bombed and shelled... i can understand how they don't got a stable economy that is getting foreign investment...
                  Why do you suppose no one want's to invest money into Pa controlled territoiries? Could it be that the PA is a corrupt POS, that Islamic terrorism is supported by all levels of society, and because the PA has rejected all offers of peace? You can't claim Israel is responsible for everything bad which has ever happened to Palestinians when it is obvious their own leadership screws them even worse.

Comment

Oerdin:

first of all, the PA is not an actual nation-state... it's more like an organization made up of very different individuals who can not agree on the same goals, etc. and are prone to taking things into their own hands (a la the jihads).

keeping this in mind, the reasons for your problems with the PA become clear... how can they accept peace offers when they're not a centralized nation? peace offers are controversial even among Israelis but they at least got a central gov't to facilitate debate and then agree on a resolution through a majority consensus... the PA has no such system as they are not a nation...

terrorism? do you honestly think people who declare jihads just for the hell of it? economics plays a big role into driving someone into such a frenzy. have no real economy, have high unemployment, etc. and you give people no real incentive to live so of course they become militants... and I had a talk with Siro over private message before where he said that some islamic groups actually do help out the people by organizing them, having charities, and trying to help start businesses and foster community and all that... so they aren't all just AK-47 wielding terrorist bombers... many aspects of these so-called terrorist groups do try to help people out.

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22

2.000 Palestinians just happened to die of natural causes the last 12 months?
                      Please document this.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

And the Nazi party started all sorts of social programs in Germany but in the end they were still swine. IJ and Hamas use these charities as a front for their muderous organizations and as a public relations tool.

There is a central control for the PA. If it wanted to take a stand and lead their people to a better life they could have done so years ago but they won't because Arafat and the others want to keep fighting for ever using even the most unethical means. You are right that having a bad economy spurs extremism, yet, who is to blame for this bad econmy? Is it the Israelis who seem stuck perptually responding to attacks or is it the PA which is run by Kleptocrates, extortionists, murders, and thugs? No one, not even a Palestinian, wants to start a business in PA controlled areas because the PA acts like the mafia or like thieves even to their own people.

Comment

AS, "how can they accept peace offers"?

Are you saying that Oslo and The Roadmap were complete wastes of time from the outset?

Comment

Mad Monk:

yes they were complete wastes of time because the PA never had the capability to enforce such peace... we're not talking about a nation that could give an order to its military saying "don't fight the war anymore"

Comment

Then we should let those who can take care of the problem, take care of the problem.

Comment

AS: If the PA had accepted peace the world would have turned them into the legitimate government and the aid money would have pored in. Arafat easily could have done it but he didn't because his control rest on there being a war. Without a war why would you need a warrior? He would have been pushed aside and someone like the current Prime Minister would have been elected. Thus Arafat choices to keep fanning the flames and keeps sponoring terrorism.

Comment

Working...
                                X