Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just going down the road...
    Attached Files
    "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
    -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Hey... do you think he's trying to tell ya something...?
      Attached Files
      "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
      -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

That chair in the first Merkava pictures is cool. That's like the place for me.. I'd be there, humming and singing the ride of the valkyries from the top of my longues. I'd be the first who gets it, but it would still put me to military hall of fame.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

By the way, I'm with the Norwegian National Guard these days...

My personal weapon is the Rheinmetall MG3. It's a belt fed GPMG (General Purpose Machine Gun), actually a modernized version of the German MG42 from World War II. Many say it's one of the best machine guns ever made.

Technical Specs.

Caliber: 7.62 X 51mm
          Muzzle velocity : 820 m/sec
          Max. Range: 3750 m
          Effective Range: On 2-leg: 600 m / Mounted: 1200 m
          Magazine: Belt fed
          Length: 1225 mm
          Weight empty: 11,5 kg
          Rate of Fire: Approx. 20 rounds per second
          (1200 rounds per minute in theory, but in reality you just don't shoot like that!)

The German MG3 is actually a modified version of the World War II era MG42. It is modified to fire the 7.62mm NATO rounds rather than the old Mauser rounds. The MG3 was first put into mass production in 1968. It is rated as an extremely reliable machine gun and has one of the highest rates of fire in its class. (In Ghost Recon this is the best "Light" Machine Gun available.) It has very little recoil, a nice sound, and of course, a extremely fast rate of fire. (Pros: Foes drop like flies. Cons: Eats ammo like pop corn!)

Also, the barrel heats up pretty fast during sustained rapid fire. Under such conditions, you should switch barrels for every 150 to 200 rounds, so you need at least 2 or 3 of the things if you're going on a shooting spree.
          Attached Files
          -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

*drool*... that is piece of serious firepower.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
              That chair in the first Merkava pictures is cool. That's like the place for me.. I'd be there, humming and singing the ride of the valkyries from the top of my longues. I'd be the first who gets it, but it would still put me to military hall of fame.

Kind of like the sergeant on the siege tank in Star Craft, eh?
              -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Well.. I'm real life sgt soo, so you know..it matches.

Hey, can you get me one of those mg3's? I promise not to shoot innocent people with it?
                In da butt.

Comment

I had a bit of a run in with Bush's foreign policy think tank once...
                  "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                  "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

*drool*... that is piece of serious firepower.

Yep, it is. (Don't invade Norway!)

Takes a bit of work to get used to it though...
                    (In the beginning, I was mostly hitting everything but the target. I'm better now though! )
                    -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

hey azazel at least you're somewhere warm
                      Attached Files
                      CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Eli

Let's make the thread shorter by supplying the answer ahead. Merkava Mk. 4.
                        Ha, you don´t can prove this!
                        Blah

Comment

Originally posted by elijah

I had a bit of a run in with Bush's foreign policy think tank once...
                          You know, that one right there is one of the best pictures I ever saw.

/me bows in respect to the little guy in the white shirt.

Well.. I'm real life sgt soo, so you know..it matches.
                          Okay, you have me beat then, I'm just a silly corporal in real life. -One with an MG3, that is...

Hey, can you get me one of those mg3's? I promise not to shoot innocent people with it?
                          Heheh... Glad you liked it.
                          -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Gangerolf, that looks familiar! I can already smell and feel the whole thing that was there when they took the picture.. Man I love winter sometimes.. Especially in the army.. I think high of the moments in the woods with freezing weather.. I don't know, I just kind of like it. I hated all the hot summer days in the woods.. sweating and being uncomfortable. But in winter it's so different. How about the night sky at winter? You know, clear sky in the freezing weather in the woods when there's absolute silence? Just you and your assault rifle, and secrelty smoking cigs in guard duty.. oh yeah.

Guardian, and you know.. ranks mean nothing. It's what you do that counts .
                            Attached Files
                            In da butt.

Comment

Yep. That looks familiar. Sounds familiar too, actually! Ooh yeah!
                              -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Guardian, and you know.. ranks mean nothing. It's what you do that counts .
                                I agree.

-But for the record, if we were in the same army, I wouldn't mind saluting you.

(edit: fixed a typo)
                                Last edited by Guardian; August 26, 2003, 08:26.
                                -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Working...
                                X