Military thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military thread!

So, I am leaving for the army on the 25, on the break of dawn. Don't worry, guys, it's only for a month. As I've said I'll be doing Rifleman 02 basic training, which is the lowest possible. It seems the army has something more important in store for me.

I wanted to use this opportunity to open this thread about the military. No political discussions, please. Feel free to post pics of hardware, tell stories, whatever.

Discuss.
    urgh.NSFW

Do potato peelers count as essential military hardware?
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Yes.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

A C5 Galaxy almost landed on me once when I crossed an active runway in fog.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Holy hsit...
          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
          Drake Tungsten
          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
          Albert Speer

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            A C5 Galaxy almost landed on me once when I crossed an active runway in fog.

Fog made him miss, did it?
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I guess that's one way to look at it, yes.
              Thank you ever so much for bringing that to my attention.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

That would've been cool to see.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

SPLAT.

crunch
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Hey Az, put a word to them about the Sleep Watcher System..
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

A 42.5 ton Leopard 2 tank almost ran me over once when I was crawling around in a dark canyon in the middle of the night...
                      Attached Files
                      "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
                      -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

those Leopard 2 tanks are the hot news here today.
                        We bought like little over 120 of those from the Germans, and just heard they sold 128 of those to Poland, only 5 times cheaper . Here we go Finland, here we go *clap* *clap* !
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Let´s turn this into an "what is the best tank" thread.
                          Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                            Let´s turn this into an "what is the best tank" thread.
                            Let's make the thread shorter by supplying the answer ahead. Merkava Mk. 4.
                            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Trust the Israelis to make it...
                              Attached Files
                              "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
                              -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Working...
                              X