Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways to make couple of grands?

Any ideas folks?

The thing is, I'm in a big trouble now. Well I don't owe money to anyone, but I'm broke. My school starts very soon, and I still don't have an apartment, place to live.
    We have students housing system, that virtually anyone does if they are out of town, because they can afford it, and because private sector is not exactly affordable for a student. So, students houses (ugly mofos, ghettos ) are the only real option to students.
    The thing is, there's so huge line up still to get a place, even when I put my application through at the right time, that they are 'sorry for not being able to help' and 'you'll just have to wait'. That should take I THINK only few months tops, as I'm high priority customer (being from distance, out of their town). So.. I'll have to find my own place and fast too. It's going to cost me money, real money, and I'll have to pay the rent, actually for two months when I sign the contract, if I find a place. Now this money I can, thank God, lend from my dad, but it's not that simple to me, as I actually do want to pay back fast. I need to do it for myself, don't ask why, I'm just weird that way, I can't owe money to people, and the worst is owing to your friends because they don't push you to pay it, but you really should pay it fast or else it gets weird, you know what I mean. So this means a lot to me.

Here's the deal. I actually was able to find this KILLLLLERRR place, it's AWESOME. It makes me smile just to think about it. Usually the student places are the worst our country can offer, but this.. oh I could talk about it forever it's awesome, just take my word for it. Awesome in the price range that is almost possible that is. Good thing is that I have a car, so I can use that to get to school, because it's not exactly in downtown.

Now, I need about 2000 euros/dollars, because the bastards won't give it to me if I don't live there for at least one year. That 2000 euros will cover the extra cost for the whole year for me, so I'll be ok. I'll be still broke, but I'd have that killer place for a year. It's not as simple as 'just get a job', it's actually very hard to get one here, and I'd need it soon too, because I need to know if I'm able to get it for a year or not. I can't risk it and sign the contract and find out I can't pay for the rent.

So, any ways to make couple of grands fast and legally? I thought about selling my motorbike, but it's august so people are not buying anymore. That would then again settle the extra money for the rent for the next year .
    So, any ideas?

THe downside to this, if I don't get it, I don't have a place to live. That would truly suck.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Sell a kidney to a fat Turkish man.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Selling bodyparts is not an option. Also I won't become a manwhore, or naked cleaning boy for old women and pervs. I've tried to think about ways making this much of money fast, but I figure few more brains could do good.
      I need to move fast if I want that place, and if I want that place (there are others that are interested) I need to come up with cash too, so I'll get it before anyone else. Other options is being homeless. And I don't know anyone in that area, so I can't get a place to sleep.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Buy lots of cellphones! Would work for me.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Buy cellphones? How would that make me more money?
          In da butt.

Comment

See my credit card question thread.

Essentially, they paid me hundreds of dollars to take a kickass cell phone off their hands.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Asher, I live in Finland. Not exactly working concept.

And anyway, I can't take a loan, because I already have to take student loan to be able to live until I find some kind of job. So it's not an option either.
              In da butt.

Comment

You want a serious answer?

There is no easy solution to get the apartment, if you want it you'll have to bite the bullet and take out at a loan. If you are young you will most likely need your parents to cosign. While it is extremely bad to have to go into debt, you have to live somewhere.

Another option could be to make an arrangement to live with one of your friends.
                "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Shi, I'm of age, but I can't get a loan, I can only get a student loan and I'll have to get it just to live like a human.

I don't yet have any friends in that place, I don't know anyone there.
                  In da butt.

Comment

Take out more student loans then. Or go begging to your parents.

You don't have any friends at the Uni you are going to?
                    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Where I go to college, there are ads where students get free or very cheap housing in return for doing housekeeping. This works best in places that are not purely college towns.
                      Visit First Cultural Industries
                      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Real anwser: Share a room in the cheapest place you can find near school and sell your car.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Shi, no I don't have any friends going to same Uni. I'm changing towns. My friends are here, or in other cities. Not in this one though. I'll naturally be making new friends there, but as of now, I don't know anyone.
                          It's not very safe times to get a loan in here anyway, plus I can't get enough for it since I have to live off it anyway and they only grant 200 euros per month MAX.

I think my parents will lend me the money though, but I want to look at other options first.. if there is any possible way, I'd do that first. My parents are not very rich since they are getting a divorce, and my dad just retired so.. it's a huge money right now.
                          In da butt.

Comment

Smiley, do not exist in here .

Oerdin, This is about the cheapest place I could find on private sector. And I need that damn car to get to school, as where that place is anyway, there's not really public transportation anymore. I really need that car.
                            In da butt.

Comment

become a global arms dealer. Sell some of them Susie Q's.
                              Visit First Cultural Industries
                              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                              X