Ways to make couple of grands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smiley, YES!

Though really I know my problem is kind of tough to solve. How to get money, you can't get loan to this money, you have nothing you can sell right now, and you need it fast, and you can't get it by doing a regular job as of now. Kind of limits the options down!
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Pekka: Get it from your parents....I mean you say they'll give it to you, so...It seems pretty obvious to me
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Comrade Tassadar, That's what I'll have to do if there are no other options. But I feel so damn bad about it, I know they really have to look where they are spending money now being separated, other one making enough money to make it on her own, other one retired and getting BS pension money that's small. I mean you're retired, it's time to enjoy your life a bit, buy something nice.... right? Well he can't afford to buy something real nice, but just something.. other than giving it to the forever spending kid.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

But then again I could still pay it back. When I get that job, I'd pay back when I could. But who am I kidding, I'll be broke for the next 5 years so.. every euro counts.
          But it's not like I have lots from which to choose right now. This is why I made a thread about it.. anyone having any ideas?
          In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
            Comrade Tassadar, That's what I'll have to do if there are no other options. But I feel so damn bad about it, I know they really have to look where they are spending money now being separated, other one making enough money to make it on her own, other one retired and getting BS pension money that's small. I mean you're retired, it's time to enjoy your life a bit, buy something nice.... right? Well he can't afford to buy something real nice, but just something.. other than giving it to the forever spending kid.
            I thot w/ age came the wisdom to enjoy life's simpler pleasures? too bad u can't get it up like u use to.

Comment

what are you trying to say, yavoon?
              In da butt.

Comment

Shi, I'm of age, but I can't get a loan, I can only get a student loan and I'll have to get it just to live like a human.

I don't yet have any friends in that place, I don't know anyone there.
                If you don't have any friends at the new university then I'd suggest living in campus owned housing as much as possible for the first year or two. The reason? You'll meet a lot more people and they'll become much better friends with you if you do that then if you live some where else.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

no such thing here, Oerdin. There is only one student housing system, and it is currently FULL for time no one knows..
                  In da butt.

Comment

Yes, you can pay it back later.
                    Personally, I think it would make them much happier knowing they invested more in their childs future. Much happier than getting a fancy whatnot.
                    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Smiley, do not exist in here .

Oerdin, This is about the cheapest place I could find on private sector. And I need that damn car to get to school, as where that place is anyway, there's not really public transportation anymore. I really need that car.
                      Are you renting an apartment or a room? If you are renting an apartment then I guarantee you can find a cheaper arrangement by sharing a room with someone. If you are dead set on this apartment then I suggest the follow. Rent it and then place adds all over campus and the near by neighbor hoods looking for a room mate. Share a room and rent out any spare rooms so you can pay a fraction of the cost instead of the total cost.

What ever you do DON'T sign a year long contract. The cheapest way will be to live in student housing as soon as possible plus you will meet more peole your own age if you do that.

Comment

If you can pay your parents back, work something out with them. Aside from borrowing, there is no legal way for a college student to just pull a couple of grand out of the sky.
                        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Does the Finnish Army pay recruits who join the reserve forces? Also does the Finnish army pay for the tuition costs of soldiers and/or reservists? In many countries they do so it might be something you to look in to.

Comment

I have to agree with Oerdin on all points. Even if the student housing sucks, you'll meet a lot of fellow students this way. Best not to get into something long term at this point.

It's worthwhile to wait it out. I guess some people will drop out of college and the queue will get shorter?
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Oerdin, that was what I was thinking. I am moving to student housing the first chance I get, like I said, I think it'll only take few months tops as I am their high priority.
                              It's not exactly an apartment, it's a room. It is in the 'cheap' price range. And if things don't go well, I need someone to share it with me, to cut down the cost, when it would be actually hella cheap place to live.
                              But it's basically only one room, well one BIG room.. so girlfriend would be a good idea. But then again it might not be such a great idea .

It would be NICE, if I could someone work through that contract so, that I live only 2 or 3 months there. That would be ideal for me. But I don't know how to get out of that contract. It's not very binding I think, but they don't want to rent it to anyone who is planning to live there for only 2 months. And you only pay the first 2 months right there, and then once a month. Maybe I could take it, and then just be an ******* and say 'look mr. rent taking man, I just got fired from my part time job and can't afford the rent anymore, I'll pay the next months rent as an extra'.. I don't know.. maybe.. I need to research this option fast.
                              In da butt.

Comment

DanS, yes that is my plan, but it is currently full. I couldn't afford to live anywhere else for 5 years, but there . This is temporary solution, so that I have somewhere to go when it's raining and I need to sleep.
                                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X