Our braindead consuming society! or: Shoot DJ Ötzi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, the English know how to polish their crap too
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

yeah, got to #2 over here and was credited to the 'fast food rockers'. it's the kind of song that you will love on holiday, and then get home and realise how ****e it is.

and eurodance is mostly great.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Eurodance (especially Aprés Skihut style) is the best music genre after metal

In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
        In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

There's nothing you can do about this. There are American Occupation forces deployed in your country disguised as friendly NATO allies. Be a good German now and make your selection for lunch.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I'm eating Chinese noodles with pork plugs, is that what you want ?
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I think advertising aimed at children should be banned.
              "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
              "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by lightblue
                It reached top3 in the UK a couple of weeks ago so we're not exempt...

Europop/dance is the msot horrible kind of music around.
                Really?

I never heard it. But then again I don't listen to that pile of **** that is Radio One so I guess I miss out on what the kiddies are jiving too these days.
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by elijah
                  I think advertising aimed at children should be banned.
                  nice to see your libertarian side coming to the fore (once again)
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

And to think that for 300 years, the Germans were the pinnacle of Western musical culture.

Comment

That was before the American influence kicked in. We're screwed now.

Btw, at this whole thing... I didn't even know that we have charts. But bad taste in music seems to have tradition hereabouts now. That was visible long ago, look at Guildo Horn and Stefan Raab being sent to the Eurovision song contest, or that blind mouse this year (heck, I forgot the name).

I agree, DJ Ötzi deserves to be shot, along with Stefan Raab and Harald Schmidt.

Comment

I'd laugh, if I wouldn't remember the state of Israeli music ( pop music, that is. There is some great underground music here. _
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

It's not like it's a new phenomenon- Boney M did the same children's rhymes-to-crap-pop thang 25 years ago. But of course there's also excellent music based on children's rhymes, it's perfectly possible to create brilliantly-produced, hook-filled gorgeousness under the most simple of texts, not that anyone has done so since about 1970.
                          Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                          Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

ja, i still can't believe that his "Anton Aus Tirol" ever cracked the top 10...
                            B♭3

Comment

Re: Our braindead consuming society! or: Shoot DJ Ötzi

Originally posted by Wernazuma III
                              If DJ Ötzi is shot these days, better ask where I've been and contact the next police station.
                              You have my blessing

I listen to a German radion stadion every day, but luckily they haven't played DJ Ötzi... yet, though I think I've heard him before
                              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Listen to FM4!

Ich war übrigens am Frequency? Sonst noch jemand?

Comment

Working...
                                X