Our braindead consuming society! or: Shoot DJ Ötzi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our braindead consuming society! or: Shoot DJ Ötzi

It's not a new fact, I already knew that and I should be old enough to just live with it, that we get a
    24/7 "Everything is fine, lalalalala, we're all happy friends, buy this, don't ask" brainwash.
    Still, there's a new degree of evidence that our society can't be helped:
    DJ Ötzi
    (No wonder that he's an idiot, he's Sturm Graz fan, some will say now )
    Well, DJ Ötzi as a person is not the problem, the problem is his newest song:
    "Pizza Hut, Pizza Hut,
    Kentucky Fried chicken in a Pizza Hut
    Mc Dooooooooonald's
    Mc Dooooooooonald's"

That's the whole text of the song in monotone song!
    In the video you see hundreds of children making the adequate moves to it:
    raise the hands above the head for Pizza Hut like this: /\, then simulate moving chicken wings for KFC and finally making the McDonald's (TM) sign with their hands.
    It's a song designed to brainwash children to love those fast food chains and obviously a lot of money flows into that. That's morally sick, ads designed for children are generally something I don't really like, but with this advertising can be made even between ad-breaks. I think I have to vomit!
    Even more embarassing, however, is the fact that the song is #1 in the German charts by now!!!!!!
    Nobody cries out, people take that as if it were nothing. It's mindless garbage but people just love it. Those who wanted a brainless populace vegetating lobotomized in their ignorance, you're on a good way!
    If DJ Ötzi is shot these days, better ask where I've been and contact the next police station.
    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

wow, and I thought the stuff on US music charts was bad...
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Re: Our braindead consuming society! or: Shoot DJ Ötzi

Originally posted by Wernazuma III
      If DJ Ötzi is shot these days, better ask where I've been and contact the next police station.
      You have my whole support. I'll tell the police you were enjoying the weekend in Stuttgart
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Candy Cigarettes. Is there anything more evil?

Yes, they are still sold.

Comment

Product placement.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Anun Ik Oba

I luved those. I use to pretend to smoke w/ em and stuff. it was sweet. be all like "damn that was sum gud killin I need me a cigarette."

Comment

Happy music sucks.
              "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
              "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Anun Ik Oba

Are you for real?

I thought they pulled those years ago. I used to 'suger' puff them when I was 6-7. Would say they made me feel cool. Motivation for smoking perhaps.

Comment

wow i used to sing that song and have to do those arm moves when I was taking music as a young kid (maybe 10 years ago)

and its a #1 hit????????? oh brother
                  Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                  King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                  ---------
                  May God Bless.

Comment

Quite so Panzer. This song and the matching dance moves were popular in the school playground when I was 5 years old.

A schoolyard rhyme from 15 years ago reaching #1 in Germany? I think that says more about the taste of the German people than it does about consumerism. David Hasselhof, anyone?
                    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I remember that too...

Scary
                      Visit http://www.civgaming.net/

Comment

It reached top3 in the UK a couple of weeks ago so we're not exempt...

Europop/dance is the msot horrible kind of music around.

Comment

Didn't he also do that Anton aus Tirol song? God, that was crap.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                            A schoolyard rhyme from 15 years ago reaching #1 in Germany?
                            Well, compared to German pop music, such a rhyme is undoubtedly superior
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

american pop music is by far the best. we have the most polished shallow product of them all. all other pop music lacks in sophistication and gloss!

Comment

Working...
                              X