No announcement yet.

Medical Marijuana receiving VERY mainstream support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, yeah, I think we all know how much these pot- pushers are interested in "medical marijuana". Pshh.
    I'd rather have a German division in front of me than a French division behind me.--Patton

Comment

yah

I know all the people who have completely ****ed themselves up with drugs sure seem to be gifted from
      God

the only people who don't get seriously ****ed with drugs are those that back off the drug use

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Then Jesus shouldn't have turned all that water into wine for a bunch of people getting drunk at that wedding at Cana.
        Yeah, I've always found that to be somewhat of a contradiction...

I remember reading about this groupd in New Guinea that live on an island that is entirely a swamp. Their houses are made out of mounds of hollowed out muck. I think they even made the walls from sweet potatos ... anyway, there's a local drug cult there, and the leader of the community is the only one with access to the drug and he dispenses it on special occasions....

Now, in such hostile environments one would assume that these people would be barely surviving... yet, to work effectively, the drug must be taken with food, and the food must be quickly thrown up. So they MUST have had an ample supply of food (their culture in fact no long exists IIRC). But then if you live in a sweet potato house, I suppose you're not also averse to the idea of eating puke...

I read all this on the train down to DC. Hey, I had to do something...
        Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

Lonewolf -
          Oh, yeah, I think we all know how much these pot- pushers are interested in "medical marijuana". Pshh.
          Yeah, we should join y'all and throw them sick people in cages for not getting our permission to make decisions about their own lives - ****ing arrogant, aren't they...

Jon -
          I know all the people who have completely ****ed themselves up with drugs sure seem to be gifted from
          God
          You know them? Hell, you probably don't even know the names of their cultures so stfu. We don't see drug problems in cultures that use drugs ritualistically, and some of them even allow children to use the drugs.

the only people who don't get seriously ****ed with drugs are those that back off the drug use
          Yeah, I "backed off" after about 18 years. I guess that wasn't long enough to get seriously ****ed up.

Comment

takes different ammounts of time for different people

some people it is the first use, others can go a long time

I have never seen an old heavy drug user who wasn't ****ed

and I was going against drugs in general being a gift drom god, not some specific drug (since that is what you seemed to be implying)

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

You havent seen one, because those ppl. dont stick out. They look normal. Thats the whole point of being not ****ed up.
              If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

I don't think any real physician would prescribe pot, unless as an absolute last resort. It has too many negative effects to be given to the types of people it purports to help.
                "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                  I've never heard of a Federal Bureau of Narcotics.
                  It's now the DEA.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                    Legalize for 18 or 21+ and slap a tax on it.
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Jon -
                      takes different ammounts of time for different people

some people it is the first use, others can go a long time
                      Which refutes your claim that long time users are all ****ed up.

I have never seen an old heavy drug user who wasn't ****ed
                      Why add the word "heavy" in there now? The author of "Naked Lunch" died at ~84 and he was a lifelong (adult) heroin user. Ben Franklin used opium for much of his life...

and I was going against drugs in general being a gift drom god, not some specific drug (since that is what you seemed to be implying)
                      What I said and what you say I seemed to be implying are different - I said some cultures believe drugs are a gift from God. Obviously they are referring to the drugs they use and not drugs in general. That is a fact, and we don't see drug problems in these cultures. You took what I said about these cultures out of context to make a sarcastic remark about what individuals in other cultures do to themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
                        JCG -

Strangelove -

How did you get thru medical school with such a poor ability to reason? I didn't put any words in your mouth, I said you failed to add the word "can" in your statement and you did.
                        Not adding that word requires us to believe pot always worsens depression, etc., and that is a ridiculous proposition. Oh, you didn't respond to this from Daniel:
                        No, I meant what I said. Now please stop putting words in my mouth.

"In conclusion, our meta-analysis of studies that have attempted to address the question of longer term neurocognitive disturbance in moderate and heavy cannabis users has failed to demonstrate a substantial, systematic, and detrimental effect of cannabis use on neuropsychological performance. It was surprising to find such few and small effects given that most of the potential biases inherent in our analyses actually increased the likelihood of finding a cannabis effect."

Source: Grant, Igor, et al., "Non-Acute (Residual) Neurocognitive Effects Of Cannabis Use: A Meta-Analytic Study," Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society (Cambridge University Press: July 2003), 9, p. 687.
                        I read that one some time back. The studies analysed used a test called "The Mini-Mental Status Exam" a very crude tool used primarily in Emergency Rooms to determine if patients suffer from delerium. The test consists of items like being able to remember the date and time, the city you're in, the name of the clinic, identifying a pen and a watch, remembering three articles pointed out in the room, spelling the word "world" backwards, writing one simple sentence, and pronouncing the phrase "no ifs ands or buts". In short, it's a very crude instrument used as an objective measure to identify people with fairly major brain dysfunction. You'd have to be ready to be placed in a nursing home to fail it.
                        Last edited by Dr Strangelove; August 21, 2003, 08:08.
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Lonewolf -

Yeah, we should join y'all and throw them sick people in cages for not getting our permission to make decisions about their own lives - ****ing arrogant, aren't they...

Jon -

You know them? Hell, you probably don't even know the names of their cultures so stfu. We don't see drug problems in cultures that use drugs ritualistically, and some of them even allow children to use the drugs.

Yeah, I "backed off" after about 18 years. I guess that wasn't long enough to get seriously ****ed up.
                          Oh, please, spare me the alligator tears. The people pushing legalizing pot could not possibly care less about cancer patients. They simply want to make it more available and less expensive for their own use. You may think that's fine, but don't feed me the "sick people" bull. Wake up.

As for 18 years not being enough, I wouldn't be so sure. . .
                          I'd rather have a German division in front of me than a French division behind me.--Patton

Comment

Lonewolf -
                            Oh, please, spare me the alligator tears. The people pushing legalizing pot could not possibly care less about cancer patients.
                            That's quite an assumption...How about the patients who are pushing medical pot? How about the few people who now receive medical pot from the government? Do they count? You don't know all the people pushing medical pot so don't make ignorant generalisations based on your non-existent mind reading ability. And why do the alleged motives of some people absolve the people wanting to punish the sick of their immorality?

They simply want to make it more available and less expensive for their own use. You may think that's fine, but don't feed me the "sick people" bull. Wake up.
                            Millions of people who don't even use pot support legalising medicinal pot, so that's another generalisation. Do you make generalisations about everyone else or is this just a convenient (and hypocritical) tactic you save for political opponents?

As for 18 years not being enough, I wouldn't be so sure. . .
                            Feel free to refute my arguments then, it should be easy if you're right. So far all we're getting are examples of your ability to make generalisations, how impressive...

Strangelove -
                            I read that one some time back.
                            Hmm...it was published in July '03. You sure it's the same study?

I see you dropped that "putting words in my mouth" BS.

Comment

Hey, can I help that millions of people are stupid? Take another toke, pot-head. Its cool.

Comment

Jon -

Which refutes your claim that long time users are all ****ed up.
                                long time is not very exact of course

you did 8 more years than anyone I know personally

Jon Miller
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                                X