Football - The kind with round balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I concur.

Well, at least Manchester United didn't lose. Then we'd really be complaining, wouldn't we?
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Yep - the fact is, only those who lose complain. That's the reason why Man Utd are perceived to get the benefit of refs; bad decisions against us don't tend to matter so much.

I've long been saying IRL that Man Utd don't get as many penalties as they should at Old Trafford - due to refs trying to be "strong" and resist crowd pressure; even if by resisting it, that means an incorrect decision.
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

utd. not getting enough penalties for a little comparison, how much of van nistelrooy's goals last season were penalties, and how many did anelka score at city?

pomey are starting well, a win and a draw against city away, good effort. wolves need to buck their ideas up though, 4-0 at home!

shame about yeovil losing at orient as well
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Now let's compare amount of penalties not per game (as teams as Utd are obviously going to get more), but number of penalties given as a percentage of penalties that should have given (I know every now and then this can be debatable).

I remember saying it 10+ times last season during games, and while I might be a biased observer, a Norwich supporter who I drank with tended to agree. It seemed like I'd say everytime Man Utd were on TV.

Hopefully this season will be different.
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Bods

Who's that clown who sent off Hypia? hasn't he give you something like 6 pens in 4 games? or 4 in 2 , summat like that?

Comment

Reds, like I said, no point looking at penalties per game stats. They say very little.
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I know I was just asking the name, I went to the Valencia game pre-season and he was the ref there

Comment

well yeah bods, every team doesn't get penalties it should, and sometimes it goes the other way (especially if you have franny jeffers playing for you ), but i was just saying united seem to get more penalties given than most...
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

well i'm very happy, 4-0 to arsenal at the riverside, can't ask for much more

Comment

Lower to mid table sides seem to bother little when playing Arsenal, yet it's their game of the season when playing Man Utd..
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

It's called "history".

If each trophy over the last 10 years represented humanitarian aid, Manchester United could end world hunger.

Comment

Originally posted by Frozzy
                          It's called "history".

If each trophy over the last 10 years represented humanitarian aid, Manchester United could end world hunger.
                          10 years is 'history'?

'18 and 4 Forever in our shadow'

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's
                            Lower to mid table sides seem to bother little when playing Arsenal, yet it's their game of the season when playing Man Utd..
                            you mean like leeds

Comment

Yep.
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                              X