Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody been affected by this Wormblaster virus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asher, most users don't even KNOW of upgrading.

The regular user only knows how to run Outlook and Word and operate those. The very concept of patch is new to them.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Shouldn't the system admin for company networks set them to auto-update, though? Pretty stupid if they don't IMHO.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Speaking of the situation here... half the admins aren't wise enough for that, either.

Comment

Windows Update is by default enabled on XP installations, the user has to tell it NOT to autodownload the updates when it runs the Windows AutoUpdate Wizard shortly after installation.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Which, I assure you, 75% of users here will do. They will be afraid to download anything, etc, and will say no.

Here, the "general user" is a 40-ish old woman/man who can barely understand English, and fears every single thing that can be feared.

Comment

Well that makes them even more stupid then.

Comment

Who is to blame for that, then?

It's getting a little tired to constantly blame MS. They do everything they can now to get people to patch, but people will always be stupid.

Stupid people deserve what they get, it's as simple as that. If you drive off a cliff and die, serves you right. If you disable autoupdate for critical security patches and never check yourself, serves you right. If you never get the oil changed in your car, and you need to pay thousands to replace the engine, serves you right...
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

That's why I always blame users. I repeatedly deal with the kind who don't even know that programs have options that can be customized. They barely can remember how to copy a file to a floppy, and get freaked out at the slightest change in anything.

I hate hate hate users like that!

Comment

I bet they hate you too. You're the person with all the knowledge of this scary magic that is known as "Computers". You're like a black wizard or something You can at least hope they want to worship you as a God rather than burn you at the stake.

Comment

I idolize Nick Burns.

Comment

It's better for them to worship me and get the demons inside computers disciplined .

Comment

Working...
                        X