Your underappreciated threads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your underappreciated threads...

I was back in the archives a few minutes ago looking for a thread regarding my First Communion Disaster when I noticed all the other threads that I had started. Looking at them I was thinking that some of them were a little, well, underreplied to.

Which is something that happens to us all, of course. We have a brilliant idea, an amazing insight, or an emotional revelation and it either gets lost in a sea of threadjacked spam or drops like the proverbial rock. This thread is to honor those pieces of flotsam and jetsam, to make us remember the threads that were cruelly discarded by our Apolyton brethren.

For example, my Batboy thread. Batboy deserves 10 times the 4 replies that he actually did get... though I will admit that the quality of respondent was quite high.

Not a single one of you had the balls to admit that you were taken in by the Y2k hype (18 replies), just as not a one of you could admit that you owned tech stocks (7 replies).

But the worst was my Gen-X Retirement Home Dance Playlist where I tried to envision 80 year old people listening to "Get Into the Groove" and "Rock the Casbah." Not a single one of you wanted to go down that road. And, upon reflection, probably with good reason.

What about your lost threads, the brilliant ideas that turned into toads before your saddened and angered eyes? This is their last chance to shine just a little bit, to get the second chance they deserve.

You know what would be ironic?

Oh, you've thought of it already, huh?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

This thread will get more than 20 replies.

Comment

Yes it will, JohnT.

Comment

About half of my threads get ignored. The trick is to ignore the fact that you're being ignored and eventually somebody will respond just to shut you up.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Damn straight.

Comment

I HAE V BERR THERAD IT IS GREAT!
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                About half of my threads get ignored. The trick is to ignore the fact that you're being ignored and eventually somebody will respond just to shut you up.
                ... and you are????

Comment

HE IS ELOK KING OF MOGAWMPAWAPS!
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

My Free Monkey Island-esq Game! garnered a total of 8 replies, 3 of them by me. I think only 2 people ever actually tried the game.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I LOVE MONKEY ISALDN! THE OLD ONES THOUGH NOT EMTHE NEWSOENS!~
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'll download this game you speak of, Skanky. It's free, how can I resist?

Comment

who remembers how about a week or two, i posted a thread asking people about their computer specifications?

now we got individual copy-cat threads about HD space, RAM, Processor speed, etc. what the hell is with that?! i made the original and it asked what was your full specifics...
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

i also didn't like how my thread about the sailor who was from my neighbourhood and fell off a ship and died earlier this summer didn't get a single response...
                            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                              ... and you are????
                              Well, we've only had two violent disagreements, if I remember correctly, so I guess I'm not that memorable for the OT. I'll have to start acting snottier around you.
                              BTW, Sava, did you just praise me or insult me? I can't tell...
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                              X