Best Ever Movie - Round Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Ever Movie - Round Two

It is now time for the second round of Apolyton's "Best Ever Movie" poll.

In this round, twelve (expanded from the original ten due to a tie for 10th place) movies will face off against eachother in a straight poll.

The top 2 movies will advance to the final.

This round ends on Midnight, August 19th, GMT
    Citizen Kane (1st)
    4.55%
    Godfather (2nd)
    13.64%
    Shawshank Redemption (3rd)
    12.12%
    Chinatown (4th)
    6.06%
    Terminator II (5th)
    9.09%
    Matrix (6th)
    13.64%
    Braveheart (7th)
    12.12%
    Fight Club (8th)
    7.58%
    Casablanca (9th)
    6.06%
    Gladiator (10=)
    3.03%
    Star Wars V (10=)
    4.55%
    The Usual Suspects (10=)
    7.58%

The poll is expired.

Where are the point totals for the 1st round? The movie "Patton" had 15 points and it's not in the next round.

Comment

After looking at peoples results as they posted them, Patton has 8 points.

I did not look at any changed votes.

Comment

matrix.
        "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Then look because I changed my vote well before you closed the voting.

Comment

My God! What a mixed list......

A few greats, and lots of junk!
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

decent list, but missing a lot of movies.....

and a few that shouldn't be there, matrix, fight club, gladiator..... all pretty good movies, but far from greatest movie ever

Comment

matrix fanboys suck (and fangirls)
                "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                Drake Tungsten
                "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                Albert Speer

Comment

Well, realizing this is nothing more than a beauty contest, I have voted for the movie I like watching most, which is Shawshank. Not to say that I think it is cinematically superior to Kane, Godfather or Chinatown, only that I like it best.
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

shawshank is my #1, but i damn love the matrix.
                    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I may have missed the last one, but Fight Club gets my vote here

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
                        Then look because I changed my vote well before you closed the voting.
                        I think Frozzy's point is that he counted only the original votes, not the amended ones. Changing votes was a means of manipulating the system.
                        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

How are Matrix, Shawshank, and Fight Club tied for 1st?!?! GO FIGHT CLUB! (although shawshank is excellant as well)

Comment

nevermind
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

nevermind

Comment

Working...
                              X