Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If my memory comes in the mail I'll have 768

Comment

1024 MB DDR-333 - wish I had waited for the dual channel 400s - fortunately for me this is also the max on my system so don't need to worry about upgrades (unfortunate in a few years when 1GB will be small)

Comment

512MB Ram
        >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

1024MB DDR333 Dual Channel
          Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
          Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

I have 512mb in my games PC and that's perfect.

In this Machine I only have 120MB and a 500mhz AMD K6-2. Do you guys think throwing in another 64MB ( my dad has some spare) is going to help at all, or has it reached the limit RAM can boost it with??
            Cheers
            Matt
            Up The Millers

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

16GB? Yeah, right. You'd need a 64-bit computer for that, and only servers ship with that much (and it's not one single computer usually).
              Even if you had it, and the 64-bit OS, whether you'd benefit appreciably from 16GB RAM over 4GB is pretty iffy. There are a lot of other factors that are more significant, including database and app design.

I have a pathetic little test box that has 512, which is my lowest recommendation for my client's client boxes running my software. My normal boxes are 1 or 2 GB. My dual Xeon servers are 4.
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I've got 1024 MB DDR ram...
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I have 512 MB DDR, and I don't know what I'd need more RAM for.

Those were the days, when 16 bit addressing made us a 64k RAM barrier and we needed bank switching and stuff like that for more. Then, with the 80x86 in real mode with 2x16 bit addressing, came the 1 MB barrier, and you needed EMS or XMS to use all above. And to care about "memory models", when programming. Then came the full 32 bit addressing, making it possible to address up to 4 GB, and programming was easy in the "flat" memory model. That was a bit more than 10 years ago, in the late 80's/early 90's, and some people thought that would be enough forever. Ha!

Comment

Working...
                  X