Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why you should always READ feedback reviews on eBay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Expensive Items it seems to be advisable to use Escrow Services.

After all it gives you, as the Buyer added Security.

I´ve never bought any really expensive Items on eBay, but I´d take it for things I bought for more than 100 €
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I've had great experiences on Ebay. Got myself an IBM thinkpad worth ~$3500 for $2300, although there were some irregularities involved (first laptop sent was registered stolen, but it wasn't the sellers fault... the cops had ****ed up the police report. When it was discovered I managed to hold on to the stolen laptop until it was convenient for me to send it back, and they sent a new one within a few weeks).

I did go through quite a process before I managed to get a winning bid with a decent seller... I think I had five winning bids before I finally got a legit one. The first four wanted me to do stuff like sending money orders to Rumania, use a fake escrow service etc.

All in all: If you are a poor student with more time than money, it can be worth it. If you'd rather pay an extra 25% and avoid hassle, go retail.
      Gnu Ex Machina - the Gnu in the Machine

Comment

Looks like they shut him down.

He must have been offering $600,000 in coin.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Seldon
          I'm suprised anyone writes bad reviews anymore. Any time I bought something on ebay no one would post a review until after I did. The one time I put a neutral remark and explained I had to fight the guy to get shipping information, he comes back and gives me a negative review saying I lost his payment and refused to send him his item. Ebay is bull****; I won't be going back.

The system is screwed up. Plus, people who have been there longer can afford to give negative feedbacks (because they have a sheer number of good feedbacks that it hardly makes a dent), but when your just starting out....1 negative feedback can bring you below 50 percent.

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

A friend of mine who eBays a lot includes a form letter in with his payment, that basicly says he is trusting the seller by sending his payment first, and the seller should reciprocate by entering feedback when he recieves the payment.

He has feedback for all but a few of his transactions, and has had only one negative feedback, ever.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I just got two brand new Seagate Cheetah 73.4 Gig 10k RPM Ultra320 SCSI drives for half the best mail order or street prices.
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Something looks very fishy here. I looked at the bidding history of some of the items Aussiemike completed about, and there was always this shohreh1970 (such as right here) who went nuts jacking up the bid. And he is a new user This seems to be just a DL or a collaborater.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                  I just got two brand new Seagate Cheetah 73.4 Gig 10k RPM Ultra320 SCSI drives for half the best mail order or street prices.
                  Yeah, you can get some bargain items or you can sell your stuff for a pretty penny, but you need to be careful.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Yeah, I limit myself strictly to sellers who have a fairly extensive, no BS track record, because otherwise, you're pretty much SOL if anything goes wrong.
                    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                    X