Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is falling in love the best way to start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy puppy love has its place. Intense burning we gotta **** now in the middle of this phone booth love also has its place. But eventually you get older, and you burn out. Then you need a more stable, mature kind of love, which has it's own wonderful intensity, just not the kind that makes you walk into walls.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

True dat. Stable, mature is good. Even though my ex was initially a friend, I think when we got together we expected too much, and after the pupply love stage realized it just wasn't what we thought it was going to be (and now I can see the kind of bit... er person she actually is ).
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I hate the puppy stage. But I don't think I'd be getting any of it any time soon (damn college, now I need to lose some 40lbs!) so I have nothing to worry about.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

The puppy stage is ok, it's just false advertising . After a year or so, your relationship won't be like it. If someone cannot adapt to the change, the relationship won't last long after that.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

no such thing as 'love' at first sight

lust at first sight is more like it

then if you are compatible it can be come love

but you never really know

the only love that really exists is true love

and true love is only realized when he/she has been with you your whole life and is the last thing you ever see through your mortal eyes
            Monkey!!!

Comment

and true love is only realized when he/she has been with you your whole life and is the last thing you ever see through your mortal eyes

What if she dies before you?

Comment

What if she dies before you?
                Then you know you were her true love, leading to the logical conclusion that she was yours and since their is no use in loving anyone else you can just whore around... Wooot!

Monkey!!!

Comment

Oh, Allie... You know I was in love with you at first sight... but I can give you time to fell in love with me, no problems.

And Feephi, take your dirty hands off of her.

I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

1) Go to sleep.
                    2) When finally in stage 4 REM, walk your dream-self to a mirror.
                    3) Take a good, long look. If you see yourself the way other see you, you're still awake. Otherwise, you've just peered into the face of Madness.
                    -30-

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSneak
                      Hmmm...I fell in instant, crashing, jangling love with my wife...immediately asked her to a concert and we got stinking rotten drunk the first date and made out when I dropped her off.
                      Then a very fitful several months followed which saw us seemingly irrevocably broken up, followed by a few months of absolutely no contact and bitter regret, followed by a note on my car, followed by the inevitable reunion, followed by cohabitation, followed by a child, followed by a year of soul searching, followed by marriage.
                      Marriage is ok, I guess, but too complex and simple at the same time to even possibly explain to the uninitiated...much of the jaundiced sorrow expressed ironically by men and women in marriage is painfully true, but the comfort and ease is better than can be explained.
                      Dude, that's one of the best stories I've heard.

Glad it all worked out Sneak.
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I have a few stories that would blow you people away but I save those for myself.

Just remember, ANYTHING can happen.
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

hopeless romantic Ted
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

true

Comment

loser
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

You can still live vicariously through me.

Or go back to the camp site.

Comment

Working...
                                X