Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is falling in love the best way to start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AH
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
      3 married men ponder the question, trying hard to remember why they got married at all.

Portrait of a broken group of men.

I shall put this on my wall along with selected excerpts from st_swithin's marriage posts to remind me of why I should never go down this treacherous path!!!
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

To answer the question though, is that there is no right answer.

I've seen it happen both ways.

The thing to keep in mind with rules is that there are no rules.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Married men - notice that we washed up the plates? Notice there are no beer cans or empty bottles lying around?

The wives are there even when they aren't
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Gradual is better. You know you aren't making a mistake if you've had a long time to ponder it.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
              Married men - notice that we washed up the plates? Notice there are no beer cans or empty bottles lying around?

The wives are there even when they aren't
              Whipped!
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Love?
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

What every man needs to do now and then: head off into the wilds with his buds and drink...Sprite?
                  "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

Thank you for pointing that out - washed up dishes, soft drinks on the table, no litter. Everyone fully clothed and conscious. No guns, no booze, no drugs, no smokes or cigars.

This photo is actually a very good one to show the wives - all that good clean fun we had - well spotted Clem!

They might even let us go again next time
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

The booze was in the trunk, and so were the empty cans.

Say, who took the photo?
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                        No, that's not it. I've definitely been obsessed with someone who I wanted the best for. All I ever thought about was helping this person. Obsession is tricky, very tricky.
                        Nah.

You weren't obsessed, you were just nuts.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

For me love at first meeting is a sure sign that any relationship that might be produced is doomed to be short but intense. This is probably not the case for a lot of people, but the qualities that have the most power over me are the same ones that insure a failed relationship in the medium run at best.

Fortunately I have figured this out, and found that I could learn to build a loving and lasting relationship. It took years for me to actually pull this off though, as the temptation to leap into a tempest was still very strong, even after I knew it for what it was.

I had a long conversation with a good friend last night about this very thing. We are both in relationships that have been slowly building for years, and about the same age (40). We are both simultaneously relieved that we are not being consumed whole by these relationships, and we are very much enjoying a whole new reduced stress world where many things that seemed impossible for us are now possible. We both also miss the addictive intensity of our previous (and numerous) lovers from time to time. But we've been there and done that enough times to realize that it's time to move on.
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

You know, I'm not sure if you can fall in love with someone you've never met. You'd probably believe in love at first sight if you ever met the right person. But that's like, a one in 6 billion chance, so I'm not holding my breath.
                            -30-

Comment

that's what happened when I met you

Comment

*Ted steals the movie rights*

Comment

Working...
                                X