Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California Democrats are shooting themselves in the foot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Democrats are shooting themselves in the foot.

Why do the top democrats still support Davis? They should of impeached him rather than let things get so bad that the Republicans have found a way to win the state via a recall. As much as I hate the that corrupt scum Davis, We need another democratic governor, not some Reagan clone or Arnold, who won't be able to fix your guy's deficit.

I'm voting for Jesse the Body.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
      I'm voting for Jesse the Body.
      His rampant Libertarianism really f*cked up Minnesota.

Comment

Says the man who gave us Jesse Ventura.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Hey, until the corporate Democrats are broken, they won't be responsive to the people. As long as they think they can win by playing political games and whoring themselves to corporations, they are useless, except as a temporary break from the scorched Earth policies of the Republicans.

If I could vote in Cali, I'd be voting for Arianna! Woo!
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I'd vote for Arnie . Terminator for Governor!
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Re: California Democrats are shooting themselves in the foot.

Originally posted by Odin
              Why do the top democrats still support Davis? They should of impeached him rather than let things get so bad that the Republicans have found a way to win the state via a recall. As much as I hate the that corrupt scum Davis, We need another democratic governor, not some Reagan clone or Arnold, who won't be able to fix your guy's deficit.
              Hell, I think they will screw up the most if they happen to win the upcoming election - that could be their biggest mistake.

Comment

Oh a more serious note, THIS is what I love about states' rights. The ability to try out new things in different states. People are decrying this recall, but it'll be interesting to see how it works out. Maybe other states will consider it.

It's a nice political experiment, IMO.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

California has a bad experience with actor governors.

On a side note, why does it seem that actors who go into elected politics are always Republicans? Reagan, Eastwood, Bono, the dude on Law and Order, Gopher, and more I'm sure.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

No one wants Gary Coleman?
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      It's a nice political experiment, IMO.
                      I know they're saying this is the first time this has ever happened, but I thought they recalled two Arizona governors in the 1980s.

Personally, I'm a big believer in recalls, but there needs to be some valid control on it, so it's not just a way to steal an election after losing it.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        No one wants Gary Coleman?
                        Watchu talkin' 'bout, Slowwhand?

Comment

I know they're saying this is the first time this has ever happened, but I thought they recalled two Arizona governors in the 1980s.

I believe the last successful recall of a governor was in North Dakota in 1913, IIRC.

Personally, I'm a big believer in recalls, but there needs to be some valid control on it, so it's not just a way to steal an election after losing it.

If 50%+ of the people wish to recall a governor for screwing up really badly how is it 'stealing' an election in anyway? In the end, recalls aren't that common because even if the people dislike the governor, they won't resort to recalls unless he is REALLY disliked.

Comment

He's running, as fast as his itty bitty legs can carry him.
                            Announced the same day as Auhnuld.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              If 50%+ of the people wish to recall a governor for screwing up really badly how is it 'stealing' an election in anyway? In the end, recalls aren't that common because even if the people dislike the governor, they won't resort to recalls unless he is REALLY disliked.
                              Yes, but this one didn't come about from a poular campaign to unseat the governor, but because some rich guy (weepy Issa--Wahhh, I wanted to be governor, now Arnold's stolen my toy!) hired a bunch of out of state canvassers to go around getting people to sign a petition.

Comment

Working...
                              X