No announcement yet.

Freemasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Grandfather was a really high level masion. He was from Scotland and joined in the 1930's and I guess you get some sort of special membership if you are Scottish or something (Free Masonary started in Scotland).
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

According to Microsoft Encarta, no, it originated in England (London)

Scots get to wear skirts, thats all

Comment

I heard it was Scotland and not England. I might be wrong though. Or it could be if you were British you got the special rank thingie.

Comment

Well, did your grandfader tell you any secrets you can tell?

Did you become a mason also..?

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
            Well, did your grandfader tell you any secrets you can tell?

Did you become a mason also..?
            I never asked him about the masons and he's been dead for two years now. I only know because my grandmother told me about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
              I heard it was Scotland and not England. I might be wrong though. Or it could be if you were British you got the special rank thingie.
              The Scottish rite of Freemasonry originated in Scotland. Modern masonry derives its roots from England, however forms of masonry have existed for thousands of years.
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I tried trolling for spam, but all I got were a bunch of anchovies.
                -30-

Comment

Ever see The Man who would be King? Sean Connery and Micheal Caine in colonial India try to take over a "-stan" country in central Asia. Only Alexander the Great had ever succeeded in conquering the country, and right as they're about to kill Connery they see a Masonic symbol on his necklace. They go nuts...turns out Alexander the great (now worshipped as a God) was a Mason!
                  Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

ALRIGHT!!! ALLRIGHT!!!!

I ADMIT IT!!!

I WAS THE SECOND GUNMAN ON THE GRASSY KNOLL!!!!
                    -30-

Comment

I could have told you that
                      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Yeah, well, we'll never REALLY know who got him, because we BOTH fired shots.

Actually, you always WERE a better gunslinger than me, so I think the credit belongs to YOU.
                        -30-

Comment

So I shot Kennedy??
                          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

No, you shot the sheriff. I shot YOU!!
                            -30-

Comment

OH!!! Thats ok then!

Comment

/me sees the reasons for the problems with CTP Gameplay falling into place.
                                Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Working...
                                X