No announcement yet.

Who says it doesn't snow in Australia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who says it doesn't snow in Australia?

A view of the Brindabella mountains this week from where I live.
    Attached Files
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

well it also snows in the mountains of the mojave desert in the winter, what's your point

it even snows in Las Vegas from time to time.

Comment

That's a different sort of snow in Las Vegas.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

it certainly drops differently.....
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Another shot from the Canberra burbs, near where I live.
          Attached Files

Comment

Snow falling on the Brindy's during the day last week.
            Attached Files

Comment

Mmmmm. Close your eyes and you could almost think you were somewhere more interesting.
              " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
              "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

wash your mouth out - Canberra is Australia's best kept secret.

Oh btw, the ABC radio gardening show - a Canberra institution - confirmed 6 weeks till Tomatoes can go in i.e. mid September.

It appears from the volume of talkback calls on the subject that Canberra is not short of tomato growing fanatics.

Comment

tomato growing fanatics? sounds like a pretty wild place...
                  "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                  Drake Tungsten
                  "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                  Albert Speer

Comment

ask finbar

and don't you come from Vermont or somewhere where practically everyone is a bit loony?

We are proud of our eccentrics

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                      wash your mouth out - Canberra is Australia's best kept secret.

Oh btw, the ABC radio gardening show - a Canberra institution - confirmed 6 weeks till Tomatoes can go in i.e. mid September.

It appears from the volume of talkback calls on the subject that Canberra is not short of tomato growing fanatics.
                      I take back the bit about somewhere more interesting.

Six weeks? Goodoh. The Stupice will be well and truly ready to transplant by then. In fact, it will be the biggest seedling in the universe.

Comment

ya - they had this huge talkback discussion about tomatoes on the gardening show last Saturday and the Saturday before. Seems like if one tomato grower rings up it prompts about another dozen calls - soil types, diseases, varieties - one guy was on about his internet searches on treating a tomato root fungi.....

Seems like the tomato growers are itching for spring, feeling tomato deprived....

Comment

This is snow.
                          Attached Files
                          What?

Comment

Snow in Australia, closing in on 100F in the UK.. what is the world coming to

Comment

The same mountains in January this year when we had the fires.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X