I'm writing sci-fi book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm writing sci-fi book

Hi. I'm writing a science fiction book. It;s in Russian only, but i will translate it, when finished. Url - http://sitemaker.ru/forum/showthread...&threadid=3003 .
    money sqrt evil;
    My literacy level are appalling.

Do you actually have a publisher? Or are you writing as a hobby?
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

And how will you feel if you get it published, and people just steal a copy off the net and you don't get any money for your hard work?

Just asking
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'd like to read it. Will you post again when it's in english?

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
          And how will you feel if you get it published, and people just steal a copy off the net and you don't get any money for your hard work?
          I'll feel OK. I understand those who dont want to pay for something that can be obtained for a free. You can not understand it, i suppose. Just visit USSR and look at the locals.

Anyway, thank you for good wishes. I hope it will be published.
          money sqrt evil;

Comment

1. USSR no longer exists
            2. I do strongly believe that you are never finishing that. I have written a number of stories myself, and know all too well it's hard... and you don't look like to me like someone who can finish it, though good luck .
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Hi. I translated the begining of the book. It took me 5 mins to translate the first halfpage and my translation is full of grammar and spelling misstakes. Pls correct'em if you want. No, translating this is too hard for me. Maybe later
              "Hi friends, look at this" said nine years-old boy waving book entitled "Intresting Universe".
              Bored boys surrounded Dima with his book and looked in his book, that already laid on the floor. Somebody tried to read the but after reading the word "theory" everybody realized that just looking at the pictures will be funier. In the middle of the book they saw large Picture entitled "Our galaxy". Children looked at the stars in delight and argued friendly. "Is it inhabited star?", "Where will humanity be after two centures?" "Being patriot of solar system, is it possible?". Almost everybody of them felt desire to became astronauts. (Not surprising, taking into account, that they desired to be sportsmen looking football, they desired to became soliders and scientists looking news, and secretly wanted to be a wearing designers looking at playing girls).
              Vitaly sneezed, and few stars disappeared from the map. Just earth dust... Dima felt strange feeling of deprivation. He felt the same later, when his friends and relatives die. Pete brought a ball and boys left the book. Dima returned the book to home, but the icy feeling of deprivation remained, while he played football.
              money sqrt evil;

Comment

Moderator?

(you know what I mean)
                "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                  Moderator?

(you know what I mean)
                  Yes. Why not? Moderator with banning rights.
                  money sqrt evil;

Comment

How long is this story going to go for?

I understand those who dont want to pay for something that can be obtained for a free. You can not understand it, i suppose. Just visit USSR and look at the locals.
                    Them people been under communism for too long, eh?
                    Visit First Cultural Industries
                    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by muxec

I'll feel OK. I understand those who dont want to pay for something that can be obtained for a free. You can not understand it, i suppose. Just visit USSR and look at the locals.

But you're just saying that because to answer truely would show how much of a hypocrit you really are.
                      That's it ok to steal from others, but not from you...

At least you didn't lie when I asked the same question about your mother crafts... but then again, you just stopped posting in that thread without answering...

If the only way you had to feed your family was to sell your book, you would be the first person in line to whine about it...
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I recommend leaving translation to professionals.

secretly wanted to be a wearing designers looking at playing girls

Are you saying they want to be clothing designers? Meh. I guess your book captures the Russian experience better than I could.

If the only way you had to feed your family was to sell your book, you would be the first person in line to whine about it...

LOL. Ming, no one becomes an author in order to feed families. Self-amusement is the currency most word artists are paid in.
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

If the only way you had to feed your family was to sell your book, you'd be in big trouble because it ain't likely that's gonna happen.
                          Visit First Cultural Industries
                          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

StLeo, i know that my English is bad, and it's much worse when i'm translating myself. I meant clothing designer, but i translted this fragment using eDictionary and edited it a bit.

As you said, i'm writing this book for myself, to express my feelings/ But if i find a publisher that pay for it i'll gladly sell the book

Strange thing... Solver did not say that the book is 100% pure bastardity.
                            money sqrt evil;

Comment

Working...
                            X