This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Osweld

And what do you call smallpox and anthrax? They've always been quick to point out how tight the security is around these bio-weapons during all the terrorist scares.

We were talking about the US stockpile. As for the Russians, I have had some experiance dealing with the Russian bio weapon system, called Biopreparat. And they are in NO WAY secure with their sites. Only a few are up to western standards (Thankfully, their main site for smallpox, the Vector Complex, is one of those), but most of their storage and testing sites are unsecured, and even worse, located in the new Central Asian countries that are dealing with Muslim Fundys. They need lots of $ for this, but most of the US money to Russia for WMD safety thru the Nunn-Lugar act goes to Nukes.
    "Dave, if medicine tasted good, I'd be pouring cough syrup on my pancakes." -Jimmy James, Newsradio

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion

Comment

And american. Of course, american media no doubt focused primarily on the russian samples.
      Where have you heard of US biological weapon samples? Hell, even the Russians admitted that the US is out of the Biological Weapons trade, and for years they have always tried to overestimate our weapons for justification of billions of rubles for their own systems.
      "Dave, if medicine tasted good, I'd be pouring cough syrup on my pancakes." -Jimmy James, Newsradio

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by gopher

We were talking about the US stockpile.
        So am I.

Please tell me that your media isn't THAT biased, that they would not even acknowledge that the US has anthrax and smallpox aswell. Always in the news, it was the USA and Russia with the only possible sources. I even remember a reprentive of the american government saying such.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
          naw, we need two threads for this topic

I was under the impression that we have chemical and bio weapons in storage in Minnesota (or was it Montana). But perhaps that is only chemical weapons.

hi ,

no more offensive program for 30 years , ....

have a nice day
          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

So am I.

Please tell me that your media isn't THAT biased, that they would not even acknowledge that the US has anthrax and smallpox aswell. Always in the news, it was the USA and Russia with the only possible sources. I even remember a reprentive of the american government saying such.
            Our two samples are registered with WHO as being for defensive and testing purposes only, and under WHO and foreign verification and not in any weapon form.
            WHO has verified this fact many times for the US. This has been known since 76' or so, when WHO reduced all smallpox stocks to 2 samples, one in the USA and one in Russia.

Comment

Our two samples are registered with WHO as being for defensive and testing purposes only, and under WHO and foreign verification and not in any weapon form.
              WHO has verified this fact many times for the US. This has been known since 76' or so, when WHO reduced all smallpox stocks to 2 samples, one in the USA and one in Russia.
              hi ,

france , the uk and belgium still have samples also , ....

believed to have ; Israel ( figures ) china , brazil , india , italy , syria , and one khaddafi

found in Iraq after GWI

have a nice day
              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

First of all, if the US has two samples along with Russia having it's own, that is atleast three samples.

As for WHO - whatever that is - WHO cares? All the possible sources of chemical weapons in Iraq can also double as something else - and not even just 'defensive and testing' purposes either, but actual practical things like providing clean water and medicine - but no one seemed to care about that.

Anyways, did you just recover from amnesia? Only a few minutes ago you where doubting that the US had samples, and now you seem to know all about it.
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

hi ,

dont forget that both countries have a small sample also in the vaults of the un ( who ) in vienna , .....

and who knows what other crap , ....

have a nice day

Comment

First of all, if the US has two samples along with Russia having it's own, that is atleast three samples.

As for WHO - whatever that is - WHO cares? All the possible sources of chemical weapons in Iraq can also double as something else - and not even just 'defensive and testing' purposes either, but actual practical things like providing clean water and medicine - but no one seemed to care about that.

Anyways, did you just recover from amnesia? Only a few minutes ago you where doubting that the US had samples, and now you seem to know all about it.
                    1) Two samples overall, one in Atlanta in the US, one in St Petersburg, Russia.

2) World Health Orginization, who were in charge of the famous assault against smallpox, eliminating it as a natural disease in the late 70's. One of the finest moments in Humanity (and the UN). They are the only ones trusted in the Cold War and after to be verifiers for the Biological Weapons inspections

3) I said that the US has no OFFENSIVE or WEAPONS capible Biological weapons. All we have are a sample of smallpox and anthrax for anti-weapons testing. In no way does the US have any biological weapons. Big difference. A smallpox bomb can infect tens of thousands with as little as 5 cells, in purified form. The sample the US have are all natural, ie. the same from the wild, and thus have a small chance of infection from the few thousand cells left. Big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by panag

hi ,

france , the uk and belgium still have samples also , ....

believed to have ; Israel ( figures ) china , brazil , india , italy , syria , and one khaddafi

found in Iraq after GWI

have a nice day

The Euros got rid of theirs a while back, when the WHO got involved. As for the rest, they got it from Russia, who secretly split their WHO alloted smallpox sample in half, and began to breed smallpox, starting in 75 with the creation of Biopreparat. Russia has admitted giving samples to India and China, and recent NYT reports have indicated that Iraq recieved some from the USSR and the USA (the USA during the Iran-Iraq war). The WHO still maintains that the rest of these samples are virtually all weapons-grade, and thus not self-perpetuating.

Comment

BTW, a good site for some basic info on the bioweapon/chem systems for countries with sources belongs to the Federation of American Scientists at www.fas.org under the WMD section.

Edit: The comma in the url.

Comment

Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                          X