Pax Americana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Speaking of dragging others into something...

(A doing a name search really dredges up interesting things! )
    Why rehash an old post? Where have you been lately?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
      PC, You seem to have a basic misunderstanding of economics. I would be willing to go through some of the basics with you if you wanted.

You also seem to be mixing politics with economics to a degree unwarranted, IMHO. For example, if there were three TV sets for sale, all identical, one made in the US, one in Japan and one in a third world country by a US company, you would say that we should buy only the Japanese TV set because US companies were involved in the making of the other two, and of course, the evil US government is under the contol of and the tool of these US companies.

Do I follow your reasoning correctly?

Clearly, whether giving a job at a fair wage to the person in the 3rd world country is unfair to either the 3rd world person or the US worker is totally irrelevant. It is unfair only because a US company is involved and US companies are evil.
      I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about now.
      Freedom Doesn't March.

-I.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verto
        What's the record for how long Poly has gone without some kind of "America is evil" discussion going on?
        Nature, and apparently the internet, abhors a vacuum.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by problem_child

I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about now.
          What I was saying is that you seemed to be blaming the US and US corporations for causing misery and oppression in third world countries. It didn't seem to matter whether a particular third world worker was better off or not by having a job rather than no job, you would still boycott the products that worker produced if he workded for an American corporation. By that same reasoning, it makes no sense to buy products produced by American workers who also work for US corporations.

The bottom line, boycott America.
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
          X