Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will nuclear bomb(s) be detonated for aggressive purposes in the next 50 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seriously though, I doubt it...

Pakistan and India will eventually work their differences out after a lengthy Cold War.

China will keep the leash on Kim "Dong" Il.

And if Islamic terrorism becomes more of a problem, I think the US will let it be known that a nuclear attack against the West will result in a billion Muslims being turned into dust. Despite their desire to kill the infidels with suicide attackers, I think the leaders of Wahabiism are just like every other tyrant... they cherish their own lives, and while they may send others to die in suicide attacks, the thought of all of Islam being annihilated is enough to keep them from going to that next level.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
      Difficult to see. Always in motion the future is...
      Hi Yoda.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO1003

Hi Yoda.
        Hello young padawan...
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
          I think the US will let it be known that a nuclear attack against the West will result in a billion Muslims being turned into dust.
          To do that you would have to incinerate around a fifth of the world's landmass - I'm sure that other nations (read China, Japan, Russia and the EU) would want to constrain such actions by the US as the enviromental consequences alone would be devastating for the whole planet.

It would also entail nuking friends of the US, such as Egypt, Kuwait and Indonesia.

I think that if the US made such a threat of massive retaliation it would (rightly) be seen as hollow.
          19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

It would also entail nuking friends of the US, such as Egypt, Kuwait and Indonesia.
            casualties of war

"I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
            - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
            Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

seriously tho, the US nuke arsenal has such variation in destrcutive yields, im sure we could come up with something that nearly perfectly cuts out our enemies from our friends... tho our friends would stil have to deal with the fallout. the major radiation ould only last about 50 years tho. most of those countries are practically underground when it comes to how much they affect the world, anyway. so no biggy
              "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
              - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
              Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

I love it when people exagerate beyond all reason both possible US action, and the actual destructive power of nuclear weapons. BUt i guess some people prefer to life in fantasy land..

Hey look, Godzilla!
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

eeeeeeeeek!!!

Does terrorism count as aggression?

I think it is more likey that a terroist group will detonate a nuclear weapon than an actualy established and recognized government.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

yesss. it won't result in a nuclear war but yesss.

Comment

If you're gonna quote Yoda, do it right:

"Always in motion is the future" - Yoda

As for the question, I guess "somewhat likely."

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                      X