Sexual Assault and False Accusations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexual Assault and False Accusations

So, let's do a little survey, shall we? For some reason, false accusations of sexual assault really seem to worry a lot of people here. Wonder why?

Why the great consternation? Does it really happen all that often? How about compared to sexual assault?

For this poll, consensual statutory rape will not be considered sexual assault. Mollestation, exposure, fondling, failed rape attempts, will all be considered, however.

edit: For false accusations of rape, only report those accusations that are taken to authorities (school, police, the media, etc.).
    I'm a male and I've sexually assulted someone.
    6.32%
    I'm a male and I've been falsely accused of sexual assault.
    9.47%
    I'm a male and a family member or close freind has been sexually assaulted.
    11.58%
    I'm a male and a family member or close freind has been falsely accused of sexual assualt.
    5.26%
    I'm a male and an aquaintence has been sexual assualted.
    8.42%
    I'm a male and an aquaintence has been falsely accussed of sexual assualt.
    6.32%
    I've been sexually assulted.
    6.32%
    I've falsely accused someone of sexual assault.
    6.32%
    I'm a female and I've sexually assulted someone.
    3.16%
    I'm a female and I've been falsely accused of sexual assault.
    5.26%
    I'm a female and a family member or close freind has been sexually assaulted.
    3.16%
    I'm a female and a family member or close freind has been falsely accused of sexual assualt.
    3.16%
    I'm a female and an aquaintence has been sexual assualted.
    3.16%
    I'm a female and an aquaintence has been falsely accussed of sexual assualt.
    4.21%
    I know multiple people who been sexually assualted
    11.58%
    I know multiple people who've been falsely accused.
    6.32%
    Last edited by chequita guevara; August 2, 2003, 20:47.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Do you really think 20-30 people is an adequate sample size? Plus, do you think some people would really vote "I've falsely accused people of sexual assault"?

You also forgot :banana:

You also forgot "I've never done any of this or had any of this done to me, nor has anyone I know".

Comment

I know of at least eight women, off the top of my head who were raped, one of who has been raped multiple times.

One of my friends, I just found out, was falsely accused of rape.

I also know three guys who were accused of rape, whom I believe actually did it.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
        Do you really think 20-30 people is an adequate sample size? Plus, do you think some people would really vote "I've falsely accused people of sexual assault"?

You also forgot :banana:

You also forgot "I've never done any of this or had any of this done to me, nor has anyone I know".
        There simply isn't enough room for all of the choices. I also would have liked to have put in, I know a rapist.

I do think that the people in the OT are enough of a cross section of society to see if there is a trend that bears investigation. Rape awareness groups claim that one out of every four women has been raped. I know quite a few women from all walks of life who have been raped, one who was almost murdered by her rapist (which happened while I was living in a small town).

I also know one guy who was gang-raped, by other guys.

Comment

No "I've not assaulted, nor have I known anyone" option ?
          Bleak.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

i know a guy who was accused of sexual assault, but i can't say if it was false or not, as i wasn't there.

the girl dropped the issue (it never became a case), so i assume it was false. what should i vote?
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Isn't "I have never raped anyone" the biggest option? Why is it not there?
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Because there are only 16 spots. Anyway, every option but two is an "I didn't sexually assault someone."

Comment

Originally posted by Uber KruX
                  i know a guy who was accused of sexual assault, but i can't say if it was false or not, as i wasn't there.

the girl dropped the issue (it never became a case), so i assume it was false. what should i vote?
                  If it didn't go to the authorities, then don't mark it.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                    Because there are only 16 spots. Anyway, every option but two is an "I didn't sexually assault someone."
                    you lying commie scum make the rest of us commie scum look bad. there are 24 options max.
                    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I like how che spelled "assault" at least three different ways in the poll options.

Anyway, I'm male, I've never sexually assaulted anyone, I've never been accused of it. I can think of one female acquaintance of mine who was raped. I had an acquaintance in college who was accused of raping a girl. He was cleared of the charges, but from other things I've heard of him and what I've seen, I could still see him being guilty. Nontheless, I voted he was falsely accused, since that's the official version.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

A yarn feminists use about rape is that "Rape is the number one unreported crime."

Thus, I ask them: Then how do you know?
                        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Haven't assaulted, haven't been falsely accused. Though I could almost claim that I was sexually assaulted once.

I'm guilty and multiple offender of indicent exposure by streaking, but never punished for it.
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                            There simply isn't enough room for all of the choices. I also would have liked to have put in, I know a rapist.

You can have up to TWENTY-FOUR choices. You haven't used them up.

Comment

I don't want to talk about it.
                              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                              X