Moths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moths

I ******* hate them!!! Ever since one flew into my t-shirt when I was a kid, I have despised them.

They seem to like the light, which sucks because they seem to enjoy flying into my north facing bedroom window when I'm trying to write in the early hours of the morning. Its not a big room, and my body heat and breathing, computer and monitor emmissions and of course the heat from a light bulb makes my room get stuffy quite fast. I cant open the window because of the bloody moths!!

When will they die?!?!*, and how can I stop them flying into my room?!!?

*East Midlands, UK (if the location affects when they die).

DEATH TO ALL INVERTEBRATES!!!
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

You could get one of those electrical bug-zapping things and hang it outside your window. They'd be attracted to the light and fried.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Dont stop them to go into your room, but when they are all in, you go outside with your stuff.
      Statistical anomaly.
      The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

It's very simple. Turn off your computer and all other sources of light, and close your door if it is allowing light in. That will prevent moths from being attracted, and mostly solve the excess heat problem as well.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Dont stop them to go into your room, but when they are all in, you go outside with your stuff
          I dont want them in my room, it usually takes either a lot of bravery and a tea cup to get rid of them (humanely) or a can of deodorant and a cigarette lighter to burn inhumanely (but a lot more fun). Also, its a little much to take a computer and monitor outside at 2am.
          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

I do need to get work done people!! Unlike you mortals, I dont sleep!!!

Comment

Why don't you just install a screen on your window
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Oh yeah, that's right, suggest something sensible, why dontya?

Comment

Don't they have window screens in the UK?

EDIT: Damn you, Ming.
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Why don't you just install a screen on your window
                    That sucks for ventilation. I was toying with the idea of a mosquito net, but a) I cant find one, and b) same ventilation problem.

Comment

If they don't, my next suggestion would be mosquito netting and a mallet.

Comment

Sucks for ventilation? What kind cheapo, low-flow screens do you have over there, anyway?

Comment

Do you mean a screen like a curtain or a blind, or one of those pointless shutter things you have in the US? Either way, it wont work... I need air!!

Comment

Originally posted by elijah

That sucks for ventilation.
                            Eh? It's a screen you know - air goes through, insects don't.

EDIT: And you too, Mad Monk.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

A window screen is a fine wire mesh that goes in your window, sort of like a net.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                              X