X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me books!

Ok here's the stuff that I usually read:

autobiographies
    I like these, IF the person is interesting, naturally. I like it if person is little controversial, but doesn't have to be.
    Last one I read was Malcom X, which I liked very much (controversial person and interesting). Should be a person from 1900s,if older, then it must be very interesting for me to read it. This person does not have to be famous.

wars in general
    I've been concetrating on locals and their books, but I'd like to read about other conflicts too. Should be easy reading, and not handling the whole conflict but from one persons view, who was there, so it should be real too. If it is fiction, standards are high for me to be interested. So, someones personal experiences are preferred, but other stuff will do fine too. Prefer wars fought 1940 to this day.

movie books
    And that is when the movie is based on the book, NOT the other way thank you. I haven't read many, but I wanted to read so many and people have recommended, but I just can't remember them... try to avoid romantic dramas.. easy reading preferred.

I also read fantasy and bit of scifi books too, but I have them covered and have bunch that I haven't even read yet so, don't recommend these books.

Also I can't stand detective stories for some reason, please, no detective books!

Or if you have an idea from other types of books I might like, not listed here, give it a go, all recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks!

ps. give a short short description what the book is about if it is not obvious by it's title.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

And someone recommend me some sci-fi comedies. (aside from Douglas Adams)
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

The Green Mile
      Lonesome Dove
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The Berenstein Bears In the Dark
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Sloww, I've been meaning to read that Green Mile, thanks for reminding!

mrmitchell, what is that book about?
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

The autobiography on John Adams by David McCullough is superb, a bestseller getting rave reviews.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

how the hell should i know?

Comment

Home of the Berenstain Bears. This is the official website of The Berenstain Bears with links to books, videos, history, and more.

Comment

Boris, was he some kind of composer man, or something to do with music anyway? Hmm.. I don't know, is he interesting person, is his life interesting? Aside from music naturally. I read Miles Davis and that guy surely was interesting fellow

I kind of narrowed down many books, but feel free to recommend. No scifi, fantasy and definitely NO detective stories though.
                  In da butt.

Comment

mrmitchell, damn you! No, no childrens books either.
                    In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                      Boris, was he some kind of composer man, or something to do with music anyway? Hmm.. I don't know, is he interesting person, is his life interesting?
                      Erm, no, he was the second President of the United States and a major figure in the American Revolution.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I enjoyed 'catch me if you can' book very much. Though it's kind of autobiography and movie book at the same time, it was great IMO. Things like that I enjoy very much, amazing story, fun character doing amazing things.

Books like (I make up titles):
                        'I was nazi'
                        'I was black panther'
                        'I belonged to al qaeda'
                        'I escaped the....'
                        'I was in mafia'
                        .. something that makes the person belong to controversial and maybe illegal groups and tells what it was like from his own perspective.

Also can be fictional books, I like funny stuff like 'Life as a millionaire' (not real book, made up) could be like. No need for ha-ha jokes but something light and funny light story. Almost like 'catch me if you can', but fictional.
                        In da butt.

Comment

Boris, oh? I can swear I heard the name before somewhere in relations to music. Well, thanks for correcting Ok, I might read it, I just saw Gods and Generals and I liked it.
                          In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                            I just saw Gods and Generals and I liked it.
                            Oh no no no don't say that. It was such crapppppp...
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Jutland 1916: Clash of the Titans - by Nigel Steel and Peter Hart

Dumb title, great book.

There seem to be a few books which have recently been published on that battle - looks like my wallet will take further hits.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                              X