No announcement yet.

The barbeque (joke)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't even bother with the meat, it's all about making a wood-burning fire. The meat's just an excuse.
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Your talking about Grilling... B-B-Q is a time honored tradition that takes time, skill, and constant, allbeit drunken, attention...

My wife doesn't cook. I cook everything. When I Bbq it is MY night off, as I get to through some things on, wait an hour, fix it, through some more stuff on, wait another hour, and then eat some of the best grub you will ever had...
      Monkey!!!

Comment

the best hamburgers are the ones where you make the patties yourself
        thats the only way I make em... everyone always RAVES about them. Im big on seasoning stuff just right.

and I do grill veggies..only when I make fajitas though. I cut up bell pepper, onion and sometimes mushroom. put it on some foil (to make a pouch)...season it with salt, pepper and other stuff (its a secret), melt some butter, pour it over the veggies, wrap up the aluminum foil making a pouch. stick it on the grill next to the meat. when the meats done, I opull the veggis off. they're all nice and tender and flavorful. grab a tortilla. throw some fajita on it..then the veggies...absolute HEAVEN. mmm

I think imma bbq this weekend lol

Comment

"I cut up bell pepper, onion and sometimes mushroom. put it on some foil (to make a pouch)..."

I do that with the onions and mushrooms: add butter (no need to melt it), worchtershire sauce, and fajita seasonings....

Yet, for the peppers; cut in half and take out the pith (if that's what it's called), drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt... Roast with open side down until edges seer, then flip, and grill 'till soft and skin is blistering and blackened. Remove from grill and immediatly place in tuperware or covered bowl. Let stand for fifteen minutes. Peel off skin (putting them in the bowl and covering them will steam them allowing the skin to come off real easy), chop and serve. Ummm, roasted peppers.

I also will grill corn a lot, too... I peel back the outer husks, remove the whiter, thinner, inner husks, wash, return outer husk to normal position and soak in luke warm salted water for about 15-20 minutes. Remove from water shake excess water off and through on the grill. Takes about 5 minutes per side (asuming the corn has 4 sides) or until husk is nicely burned and corn is squirting like a brat...

Can also grill Eggplant, Portobellos, Garlic Bread, beans, garlic (wrap this in tin foil and throw right in the embers), and potatos.

I bbq every weekend... Last week was Tri-Tip (my specialty), but I made a zuccinni caserole for the side... This week, I'm thinking ribs or T-bones... Man, I'm hungry
          Monkey!!!

Comment

mmm..roasted corn..I do that too.

except I leave it alone in the husk..dont open it or anything..just toss it on the gril...or even ina 350 degree oven..let cook for like 20 minutes...

remove from heat..let sit...peel back husks..pull of that silk stuff...(the hairs)..leave the husk on so I can use it as a sort of handle..put butter and then lemon pepper on it...yummmm

Comment

I want to go to a restaurant where they bring you a live cow over to your table and you carve off what you want and ride the rest home! Dum-da-da-dum...

Anybody know a place like that?
              -30-

Comment

Working...
              X