No announcement yet.

How About That Dontrelle Willis ? Sava.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A non-pitcher can make up 121 total bases easily.

47 runs? not hard.

Averages are a little harder to figure, but it would be closer, guaranteed.

It depends on who the non-pitcher is! The Braves already had to deal Millwood because he was costing too much, chances are they wouldn't be able to afford a big bat to be DH. They'd be stuck with the best player on the bench... and that wouldn't make the Braves overtake the Red Sox.

To compare, Jason Varitak (.292/.354/.564), a pretty good catcher that has played in 92 games this year has only 44 runs! Is there anyone on the Braves bench better than Varitak? If not then how is making up 47 runs 'easy' .

And the Braves own 1B, Robert Fick, who is having a pretty good year (.305/.369/.491), and has played in 83 games has only 42 runs and 137 TBs. I don't think that somone like Derosa, Franco, or Bragg is going to do nearly as well as Fick .

The Red Sox ARE the best offense in baseball. You can take #2 if you want .

And the deals Epstein has made to shore up the bullpen will prevent the usual swoon the Red Sox have had recently... while the lack of moves made by the Braves to bolster bullpen (which, aside from Smoltz, sucks!) will doom them as well... probably costing them #1 in the NL to the Giants.
    Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; July 31, 2003, 20:42.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      [q]And the deals Epstein has made to shore up the bullpen will prevent the usual swoon the Red Sox have had recently...
      I hope you're right, but I'll only believe it when I see it.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Working...
      X