Bush coddles Castro, betrays liberty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush coddles Castro, betrays liberty

On the news last night I saw a report where the US Coast Guard intercepted a homemade boat 50 mi. off the coast of Cuba. The boat was filled with refugees fleeing to the United States. The Coast Guard took all on board, burned and sunk the boat, and then returned the refugees to Cuba for eventual trial and possible execution by the ruthless Castro government.

I understand that the Coast Guard acted pursuant to a government policy on returning refugees captured at sea. The commentators said that Bush was personally responsible for this policy and noted that in the entire history of refugees fleeing East Germany over the Berlin Wall that not once did the United States return any refugees to the East Germans.

Since George Bush is personally responsible for this horrendous policy, all I can say is that you, George Bush, have betrayed liberty and have betrayed the United States. You coddle the Cuban dictator Castro just as much as did Janet Reno, Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton. George Bush, go to hell.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Bush isn't, Ned. That's the law, and has been.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Ned..

9.32/10
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Slowhand, you have to be kidding. This law is so offensive to the very idea of America that I find it incredible that Congress could ever have passed such a law.
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

I find it very unlikely that Cuba will execute them. While Cuba do have death penalty, it's as far as I know, not used on common refugees.

Comment

It doesn't matter how you find it, Ned.
            The point of your thread, and my counter-point is, it isn't Bush.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

At least Cuba doesn't execute under 18's and the mentally ill...........

Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Re: Bush coddles Castro, betrays liberty

Originally posted by Ned
                The commentators said that Bush was personally responsible for this policy and noted that in the entire history of refugees fleeing East Germany over the Berlin Wall that not once did the United States return any refugees to the East Germans.
                exactly!
                personally resonsible or not, George Bush Senior and any President before him would have never allowed such a thing.

shame on W
                justice is might

Comment

Bull****.

Comment

Isn't it obvious? Those people were too smart to be allowed into the US.
                    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                    XGalaga.

Comment

no bull****. and I know what I´m talking about. I saw how much afford, work and money the allies (especially the US) spent to take East German refugees and political prisoneers.
                      justice is might

Comment

Yeah, but Soviet Russia was always more fun to annoy. They'd get all hot-headed and bang their shoes on desks. Really, a good show. Castro just doesn't seem to care anymore.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

It is bull****. This isn't a Bush thing, no matter how many times you repeat it to yourself.

I'm surprised at Ned.
                          This is the uninformed kind of claptrap Che would dream up.

Comment

In my mind, it doesn't matter WHO is responsible....those people asked for our help by taking the RISK to build a boat (out of an old Chevy truck, as I recall), had the ingenuity to make it work, and their reward?

We sank it and sent them packing.

That's not the behavior of a country I'd be proud to call home, and no matter "who's fault," that's the crux of the matter.

-=Vel=-
                            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Oh, Christ. Check out Mexicans, if you want to weep.

Comment

Working...
                              X