All I Really Needed to Know in Life I Learned from CIV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnT
    I've learned that fortified pikemen inside a fortress on a mountain can destroy even the most modern of battleships.
    Yep,
    and often even simple wooden Frigates can sink a modern nuclear Submarine.

Which brings me to another thing:

If you suspect a Nuclear sub on a certain spot within the Ocean,
    just send a ship to investigate. It doesn´t matter which ship. You don´t need a modern Destroyer with Sonar Equipment, even the most primitive Ship will detect a sub if it tries to travel across the spot occupied by the Sub
    Last edited by Proteus_MST; July 29, 2003, 12:34.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Men with short spears have the ability to defeat 500 ft. battleships

World leaders often tell you that they would be 'happy to go to war with you', and then praise your civilization and ask for a peace treaty.

All people speak the same language

Only four cities exist in Europe

American Foreign Diplomats have knowledge of Gunpowder even before they have knowledge of Mathematics

Lighthouses shine all the way around the world, and also make boats travel faster

Small Islands cannot be conquered (at least, not until amphibious warfare or combined arms!)

Civil War occurs only when a foreign nation invades another nation's capital.

You must acknowledge many Gods before you can acknowledge one God.
      "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
      X