Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people do you know IRL, who likes TBS games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many people do you know IRL, who likes TBS games?

I know none... well, I do know one who likes those games, but he NEVER plays TBS games (He almost never plays computer games)

Am I unlucky, or is this common among TBS players, to not know other TBS players IRL?

I wish I could setup a netparty, where TBS games is the #1 type of game to be played... or even RTS games... I only know few people who likes RTS games, but they only play it seldom, so even with my lack of skill in that type of game, I'll probably win without competition... or that's at least what they think, so they don't even want to try a game against me...
    This space is empty... or is it?

None
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

My roommate would sit and play Civ2 for hours, and even got his girlfriend hooked on it before she realized it was sucking away her free time and she quit cold turkey.

A couple of friends of mine from college played, but I don't know if they play anything now. My college buds and I usually play NWN or Diablo II online.

Hmmm, not many others besides that. I have one gay friend who played Civ2 as well, but I don't think plays anymore. I dare not bring it up in gay circles!
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

IRL, IIRC only FUBAR SOBs.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

not too many.

let's face it, turn based strategy is the second most geeky thing after role playing gaming. but sicne RPGs are widely accepted and even getting poular, we're facing a situation were we'll have to realize that TBS is actually the geekiest thing on Earth.

Comment

Oh come on! Star Trek convention goers will have that title for decades yet.

TBS I worked out, what is IRL?
            Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
            "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

In Real Life...

oh well, I just got that

Comment

I only know one or two people but you have to remember most of my friends think computer games are nerdy and would rather do something phsyically active. That's not really a good cross poll of the population as a whole.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Think about it this way:
                  Not we are weird for playing TBS.
                  They are weird for playing not!
                  If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

A couple, though when we get together we're more likely to play do board wargaming.
                    Visit First Cultural Industries
                    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

well over 20

jon Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

So what's that make turn-based RPGs?
                        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                        -Joan Robinson

Comment

Or what about HOMM a Turn-based Strategy RPG
                          That one was actually played by a lot of ppl I know in RL, even my sister who barrely touches any pc ...

All nerds!
                          If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

believe it or not, i know about a dozen people who play Civilization... and these aren't nerds either... they include varsity volleyball and basketball players. none of them really have much interest in posting on apolyton though...

come on... if i know a dozen non-nerds living in the ghetto who play civilization, how do yall possibly not know anyone?
                            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I don't know anyone IRL who plays TBS. The only games I see being played in the computer lab at my school are FPS.
                              American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                              I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                              Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                              XGalaga.

Comment

Working...
                              X