Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been ebaying for about a year now.

Never sold anything on it.

Good tip for starting out is to buy a few bits and pices (CDs are a good idea) to get your rating over 2 deals. People with a rating 0-2 are treated very suspiciously.

Yep, there's money to be made Bodds - but auctions aren't a sure thing, and most buyers are pretty clued up.

Oh yeah, some sort of digital camera is a good idea if you're selling - people do like pix of what they're bidding on.

Good luck with it!
    Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
    "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

I personally play Dark Age of Camelot, which unfortunately is not good for making money off the game. While, I am extremely rich in game terms, I could at most hope to turn that into $250 over the course of a few months. It wouldn't be worth the time spent putting the money up on eBay. (i.e. I'd make more money doing real work than just doing the auctions, nevermind the time it originally took to acquire the money in game).
      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
      -Joan Robinson

Comment

Cheers Crud.
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's
          You interested as well GP?
          I'm not really driven to play it. but I'm intellectually interested in if it works for you or doesn't.

Comment

The golden rule is don't go on it when you re drunk! You have a peek after the pub and then a couple of days later you get emails from people wanting to know when the money for their Victorian coffee cup collection is going to arrive.....

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
              I personally play Dark Age of Camelot, which unfortunately is not good for making money off the game. While, I am extremely rich in game terms, I could at most hope to turn that into $250 over the course of a few months. It wouldn't be worth the time spent putting the money up on eBay. (i.e. I'd make more money doing real work than just doing the auctions, nevermind the time it originally took to acquire the money in game).
              Not that game.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                The golden rule is don't go on it when you re drunk! You have a peek after the pub and then a couple of days later you get emails from people wanting to know when the money for their Victorian coffee cup collection is going to arrive.....

My flatmate spent his last £50 of the Spring term student loan buying an exercise bike online after a good day out.
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                X