X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-bay

Does anyone use this?

Any suggestions/recommendations?

I'm thinking of buying stuff from car boots/charity shops and seeing if I can flog them on to get a bit of profit. Possible or not?
    www.my-piano.blogspot

I bought a sword off E-bay before. One of my buddies is a hardcore E-bay fan. It's a good site/service. Many people make a living just buying/selling on E-Bay.

It's definitely possible
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's possible, although I was talking about this with a load of mates earlier and one of them claimed that EBay frowns upon this sort of activity.

Not that he explained how they'd find out, or why they'd care. Just thought I'd mention it anyway.
      "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

E-bay gets a share from each transaction... I think they encourage such usage.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Frowns upon? Don't think so...for people who use it most, they pay for meals and drinks!
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Like I said, I didn't really believe it myself, but you can never be too sure with these things. Don't use EBay myself, so I wasn't aware of the meals thing.
            "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Oh, it's certainly possible -- just remember, you do pay a small fee whether the item gets sold or not (I don't know if it's tacked on, or included in, their "cut" of your sale).
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Mad Monk, that's the sort of stuff I ain't too clued up on. I've done their tutorial thing and it is still a bit unclear.
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

You pay a sum for opening an auction + you pay a few % when your item is sold.
                  If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

Give us your lessons learned after you try it.

Comment

You interested as well GP?
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I've considered selling imaginary money from a MMORPG on eBay before. (Thinking what sort of a fool would buy imaginary money in a game for real money?) Then after a bit of math, I realized, at the rate I could make the money in the game, at the going rate, I could make about $2 an hour vs. at least $10 per hour which I get paid to be a TA. Then I also realized, responding to newsgroup posts whining about Java is far more entertaining than mashing one button over and over in an attempt to acquire money in game.
                        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                        -Joan Robinson

Comment

I've been a buyer on ebay all of eight times, now.

Reputation is everything, never forget that, especially when you're just starting out and don't have a rep. Every transaction gives the other party a chance to rate you -- positive, neutral, or negative -- and everyone who does business with you in the future is able to see your "score", and deal with you accordingly.

Karma is not an abstract concept on ebay.

Comment

Victor, have you ever run an ebay search on Diablo 2?

Also...where are we in the game?

Comment

i've made a profit off ebay a few times sellign garage sale items. it usualyl wasn't much, but i sold this old robot toy for $330, and i got it for $2

thats my pride and joy.
                              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                              X