Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the arguments for and against US forces in Korea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone knows the truth just by looking at your first post II

Comment

"Everyone knows the truth just by looking at your first post"

Amen
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Lancer. North Korea MUST be handled by military means.

Comment

Ect, we are in full agreement there. However, I think the west should handle it in order to unite Korea. Of NK is under China and SK is free you think that's a solution? It's another Tibet, but much worse.

If you give up SK to the Chinese you can forget our whole alliance system...

We have to do the job, but SK won't help. It's a real problem.

Comment

OK.

Put loads of Air force into SK to defend their cities.

Both China and NK will cry, but NK won't attack. Western press will whinge about escalation and all, but our reaction is: "that's what we want".

[ironic PS]
            Begin the war with an ICBM on Pyongyang and another one on Beijing. Should shut the chicoms up.[/PS]

Comment

Best thing is to swallow pride and just spend a good 20-30 billion over the next decade to buy him off (just make sure to ge a good deal) far cheaper in all respects than "not giving up to blackmail": crime pays, live with it.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Naa, we have to assure the SK's while doing what we're doing, trying every ave toward a peaceful solution, then when the good guys are with us we hammer em. It won't be '52 all over, it'll be...quick and nasty.

Comment

it isn't only about pride... others might follow.

Pervez M has a lot of sand that could prove to be a great base resource for the Indian glass industry

Comment

Quick and nasty? as in glassy?

Comment

As in the new ways of war meet the old.

Comment

don't you think they'll surrender in masses? if your guys march in with meat and milk instead of guns and germs, they might flee their divisions in millions.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                          Naa, we have to assure the SK's while doing what we're doing, trying every ave toward a peaceful solution, then when the good guys are with us we hammer em. It won't be '52 all over, it'll be...quick and nasty.
                          Yes, and I am sure, in the end, it will be so much better to let hundreads of thousands die, hundreads of billions in damages just to, what?

It is a simple equation: the NK wants to make sure the US will never hit them: so they seek either nukes, or an agrewemnt we won;t hit them.We don;t want them to have nukes: the simplest solution then would be to give them the agreement. Is it giving in to blackmail? Yes, yes it is, but the fact is that NO, not any other state could pull it off. The North can count on the fact that even if they were to lose a war in the penninsula the "nasty" as you call it ("No one said we would not get our hair mussed..ten to twenty million dead, tops, depending on the breaks") is a generally higher price than any sensible politician wants to pay.

Now, if you want to go over there and plant yourself on the DMZ with a rifle, go ahead, do so. I am sure one more body on the line will make all the difference...
                          If you don't like reality, change it! me
                          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

No, these guys will fight like mad. Koreans are some of the most dedicated stubborn SOBs the world has ever turned out. They make great troops. It'll be bad for them...they'll think they're defending their country...

I tend to recoil from such thoughs as I get older. Yet, it has to be done.

Comment

I've been on the line with an M16 GePap, did my duty. Kiss my ass, k?

Comment

where were you, L?

Comment

Working...
                                X