I HATE vegitarians who are vegitarians because of the animals well being

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I HATE vegitarians who are vegitarians because of the animals well being

I cannot STAND people who are vegitarians because of concerns over the animals well being........ now dont get me wrong-I am a BIG advocate of animals rights-but no, im not a vegitarian

If someone tells me they are a vegitarian, as a knee-jerk uncontrollable reaction I cooly say "Oh, healthier diet?" and judge them almost entirley on their response(till they proove otherwise).

Two responses:

1. "Yes, its a healthier diet"

2. "No, I cant stand to think of an animal suffering so I can eat!"

At the same time said person may be wearing levi's, gap or some other item made by slave labor, while stepping over a homeless person on the street........ Let's see you be concerned about human rights before your concerned about animal rights you ###. It DOSENT take much to NOT buy items made by slave/semi slave laborers....... I dont. If everyone some day does it, such companies will stop said practices(though that means the price of clothes will go up, though I can cope with that), and even if that never happens(it isnt likley it will)-you wont have the fact your benifiting from human suffering on your conscience.

Thoughts?
    Yes
    41.18%
    No
    19.61%
    No-and I think you(Vesayen) is a moron
    35.29%
    I only eat bannanas!!!!
    3.92%

You are an ANGRY man!
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Well it is better to start somewhere than not to start at all, and if thought of butchering and poor living conditions that farmed animals have helps them stop eat meat - why not?
      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I hate Cows.
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
          Well it is better to start somewhere than not to start at all, and if thought of butchering and poor living conditions that farmed animals have helps them stop eat meat - why not?
          It's VERY VERY easy to stop profiting from the human suffering of slave laborers...... stop buying the products! I'd argue its much easier to just buy a different pair of jeans, then to change your diet.......

Comment

Yes... mostly because the people I've met who've actually said this (vegitarians because of the animal's wellbeing) were wearing something LEATHER at the time .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

If I heard that some cow or pig was being forced to make Levis for a slaves wage Id be ****ed off!

Comment

I forgot to mention....... I have the utmost respect for those people who dont by things which are the product of human suffering AND vegitarians....... they are usually the stereotype "hippy"-but I personally like hippy's

Comment

I think people who are vegetarian for health reasons are idiots. The occasional hamburger isn't going to kill you. Even worse are "vegetarians" who eat chicken and fish... what are they, plants?!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    Yes... mostly because the people I've met who've actually said this (vegitarians because of the animal's wellbeing) were wearing something LEATHER at the time .
                    I actually knew a girl who defended this double-standard -- "wearing leather is a tribute to the cow." No joke. Presumably she'd have no problem with "it rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again..."
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger
                      it rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again..."

All eyes in the library just turned to the quiet guy on the
                      computer in the corner cackling loudly!

I'm currently at a library....... my home connection will be down till tommorow......

Comment

If God hadn't meant for us to eat animals, He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

Mmmm....raw cow...
                        -30-

Comment

LOL @ loinveggie.

Comment

Would you eat a chimp?

Thanks for the new sig material SS.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

First of all, there is a difference between wanting to treat animals humanely and not wanting to ever kill anything, at all. ever.

But as to the original post. What's wrong with being more concerened about animals then humans? Humans can all go to hell as far as I'm concerened. I mean, we say that we are the only species capable of truly understanding and effecting our world, yet virtually all of our problems are self-inflicted. Says alot about humanity if you ask me.

Anyways, how do you know what is and what isn't made by slave-labour and sweat-shops? I do make an effort to boycott everything that I disagree with (and that includes alot of human related things, even if I do hate you all) but I admittedly know nothing about that... and I don't think many people do. Certainly not as many as who know about the issues of modern farming.
                              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                              X