No announcement yet.

Tony Martin and stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know. Hence most of the difference in attitude, I know which I prefer.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
      We're smart enough to know the difference between reasonable and unreasonable force. Chances of a petty burglar having a gun are so tiny it's barely measurable.
      Maybe in your country...
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

We're talking about my country.
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

Yes, MikeH's country.
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Do a burglary, very low police response, tiny chance of getting caught.

Commit a crime with a firearm, massive police response, much more chance of getting caught, much higher penalties.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Do a burglary, very low police response, tiny chance of getting caught.
              for the statement, for our lack of a decent law-enforcement power.
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I know Mike. I simply was saying what I would do. In any event a home owner should have the right to defend himself and his property without some arm chair magistrate dictating what he should or shouldn't have done. How do you know the intruder isn't armed? You see one but do you know if there's more? Is your life in danger? Can you be sure it's not? Is it worth risking your life on an "I think so" anwser?

With all of these variables is it reasonable for a man who's home has been envaded to fear for his life? I'd say so. Also the invader should have no rights to sue; that is one good tort reform we've gotten through lately in California. If you are commiting a violent felony against a property owner or tenent and you are injured while commiting this felony you don't get to sue anybody for any thing. I really like that law because it protects the victim against being victimized again by the same criminal.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

If I ever decide to take up a life of crime, I think I'll head to Britain. Sounds like a consequence-free environment.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Wow, I actually agree with a Bodds post. Our police force isn't big enough to combat every crime out there, but whos is?
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

Wow, I actually agree with a Bodds post. Our police force isn't big enough to combat every crime out there, but whos is?
                      It should be big enough to pose a reasonable risk that the criminal will be caught.

Ignore poverty excuses..inequality ramblings.. the real cause of crime is the lack of risk of being caught - something that has fallen and fallen as we have become weaker on crime, weaker on the causes of it.
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                        I know Mike. I simply was saying what I would do. In any event a home owner should have the right to defend himself and his property without some arm chair magistrate dictating what he should or shouldn't have done. How do you know the intruder isn't armed? You see one but do you know if there's more? Is your life in danger? Can you be sure it's not? Is it worth risking your life on an "I think so" anwser?
                        Someone (one of the Americans) once posted a thing here about how much more likely you were to get killed if you confronted your burglar with a weapon (based on US stats). You discover a burglar they are most likely to run, if they think you are going to shoot them in the back when they run, what's the point? Their best option is to fight.

Originally posted by Oerdin
                        With all of these variables is it reasonable for a man who's home has been envaded to fear for his life? I'd say so.
                        Not here really. Well, my reaction would be "don't take my stuff!" not, "they are going to kill me", that second probably wouldn't cross my mind.

Originally posted by Oerdin Also the invader should have no rights to sue; that is one good tort reform we've gotten through lately in California. If you are commiting a violent felony against a property owner or tenent and you are injured while commiting this felony you don't get to sue anybody for any thing. I really like that law because it protects the victim against being victimized again by the same criminal.
                        I don't disagree with that...
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Someone (one of the Americans) once posted a thing here about how much more likely you were to get killed if you confronted your burglar with a weapon (based on US stats). You discover a burglar they are most likely to run, if they think you are going to shoot them in the back when they run, what's the point? Their best option is to fight.
                          You're ignoring that the threat of an armed household will likely reduce - other things equal - the likelihood and regularity of burglary.
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's It should be big enough to pose a reasonable risk that the criminal will be caught.

Ignore poverty excuses..inequality ramblings.. the real cause of crime is the lack of risk of being caught - something that has fallen and fallen as we have become weaker on crime, weaker on the causes of it.
                            That is true, people do commit less crimes if they are more likely to get caught. People aren't willing to pay for it though. They also won't stand for the restrictions to our personal freedoms that it would require.

Govenment announces tax rises, they lose voters. Plans to re-route money from elsewhere, voters (quite rightly) don't believe them.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

Make the NHS private and that would free up a lot of money.

Those who fund the NHS tend to pay twice for medical treatment - that isn't right.
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Normal good working people not being able to afford healthcare isn't right.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X