Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TCO
    civ-weeny
    Whatever. I've actually become quite interested in Saudi Arabia's military now, and memorised a lot of useless fluff about it.

Comment

Dont expect facts form TCO at this point: if he had any, he would have put them on the table, so he will stick to name calling.

(Hmm, what insult wil he use against me?...Well, he isn;t that creative)
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Conservative answers Iraq criticism

Originally posted by Cruddy

It isn't, as you well know.

It is, as you well know. What's your subject, "obvious facts"?

Because they risk their lives for a pittance, a pat on the back and - if they survive - an education leading to a pension. Sounds like a sh1tty deal to me, compared to the shareholder class who never risk their lives, never enter a combat zone, and are most likely to die of an obesity related illness.

No. Those are your words, not mine. However, the enlisted people are clearly not onto as good a deal as the corporate shareholders. It's not a winners/losers relationship - but one side is clearly onto a massively better thing than the other.

As I said earlier in the same post, I am not dissing the US military. You seem to have a partial blindness for posts.

If you want to promote the military's successes and achievement programs, that's fine by me.

HOWEVER, don't you dare bang on about defence spending without highlighting who gets the biggest slice for the least amount of effort.
        hrrm my dad was in the marine corps. and hated it, yet attributes it to most of the success he was able to have later on in life. I don't think enlisting in the military is a failure or means you lose. u can always not enlist. then u needn't worry about how bad a deal u think it is. thats wuts so great about it.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Conservative answers Iraq criticism

Originally posted by yavoon
          I don't think enlisting in the military is a failure or means you lose. u can always not enlist. then u needn't worry about how bad a deal u think it is. thats wuts so great about it.
          Fine. I agree with you.

I used the words "real winners" which looked like I was putting down the enlisted personnel - what I was trying to do was show how the the corporate interests are the people that reap benefits from the defence budgets. I appreciate the US is far from the only country where this happens - but because the budgets are so much bigger, there's even more money going to a few people.

Sorry it came over so badly.
          Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
          "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

You're a moron. What are you trying to do. foment an enlisted rebellion against defense corps or make enlisted men want a smaller defense force? Good luck. Ninny.

Comment

You guys better start bringing the heat, cuz GP is kicking all your asses right now.

Realistically, however, you can't win as you have no real case, so it might be more advisable for you to follow che's wise lead. Just post and bolt. Better to avoid a fight you can't win.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Word up!!

We haven't even launched Brittney yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TCO
                  You're a moron.
                  Your opinion only, TCO. I reserve judgement on you.

Originally posted by TCO
                  What are you trying to do. foment an enlisted rebellion against defense corps or make enlisted men want a smaller defense force?
                  I am trying to point out that the final point of the posted thread lead is bull****, and give the reasons why it is bull****.

Any reading more into my motive than that is looking for a motive that I do not have. If US folks want to readjust their thinking after reading my posts, that's up to them. It does no harm to ask questions, or think of alternative solutions to problems, or think of alternative reasons for policy. It is far less healthy to think there is only one solution to a problem or one reason for an increased defence budget.

Originally posted by TCO
                  Good luck. Ninny.
                  Et tu Brute.
                  "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

That's Brute, sir, to you.

Comment

Originally posted by TCO
                      That's Brute, sir, to you.
                      Evidence that the US isn't as egalitarian as many claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruddy

Evidence that the US isn't as egalitarian as many claim.
                        Have you ever even been here? This is the land of the free and home of the brave.

Comment

Hey, TCO, I have stated in other threads I do actually admire many of the guiding principles of the USA.

I come from the land of the fee and the home of the rave.

Comment

Working...
                          X